Leona. Let's fix you pls

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dimise

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baculus View Post
Leona is special among tanks because she thrives as a bottomlane support and needs no farm beyond GP5 items. Amumu, Shen, Rammus, etc all need many more items to be at the same level of functioning as Leona.

That's enough IMO, especially with her spammable skills end game where she can kite/stunlock/run around everyone else.
You know she does need a little bit of farm beside some GP5 items. The same GP5 items most tanks get anyway. what is more is that even though Leona has a great early game all these other tanks, except for maybe Shen though he did just get buffed so i really don't know, match her by mid game and end up outclassing her in late.

Felaeris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

There's just one thing I'd really, really like to see fixed on Leona.

There is little incentive for remaining in melee combat. (No effect from weapon swing, no effect from swings taken, no team auras, poor AD/AS.) Her ultimate can be used without actually engaging and once eclipse procs, the remaining three seconds are often better spent trying to get out of combat rather than wasting time with melee swings. Or maybe I need to build an Atma's more often....

Dimise

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felaeris View Post

There is little incentive for remaining in melee combat. (No effect from weapon swing, no effect from swings taken, no team auras, poor AD/AS.) Her ultimate can be used without actually engaging and once eclipse procs, the remaining three seconds are often better spent trying to get out of combat rather than wasting time with melee swings. Or maybe I need to build an Atma's more often....
That is exactly how i feel. During your long down time from your spells, if you hadn't gotten any CDR yet, you pose little to no threat to the enemy team. That's why i end up almost always building a Trinity Force. it gives some decent burst damage and i can at least slow some people down while i wait.

I have tried going warmong, Atma's, FoN, and Sunfire, TF, boots, and sure i do a lot more damage by myself and i'm decently tanky to boot but my CDs are so freaking long with this build that is still feel like i could be supporting my team some more.

flashpoke

09-24-2011

no if anything needs to be buffed its her ratios. i main leona (not in my most recent games) and feel that she is broken. starting with dorans i get boots then build a sheen holding on to that for at least most games this increases damage for your dawn of daybreak and makes dealing with carries a breeze. then i build sunfire after that i build according to what i need. my runes if anyone cares to know are mp marks armor yellows mr blues and flat health quints. the magic pen really helps inflict the little extra damage that you need so most of the time 1v1 solo lanes arent to much a problem if your in a duo lane then take extra note of your passive which deals extra magic damage if your partner autoattacks land. honestly its all about skill... if i was able to stun 4 people with her ult then im sure with enough practice you can to

Sparowhawk

09-24-2011

All I see is people want Leona buffs, hmmm if that happens can we make it to 10 min surrenders so I am not to bored when I play her?

Jesus the Friend

09-24-2011

Quote:

There is little incentive for remaining in melee combat. (No effect from weapon swing, no effect from swings taken, no team auras, poor AD/AS.) Her ultimate can be used without actually engaging and once eclipse procs, the remaining three seconds are often better spent trying to get out of combat rather than wasting time with melee swings.

100% agree, that is a huge issue for Leona.

I think her Q should reduce 1 sec CD with each swing on a champ... or maybe her regular swings should apply her passive so others can do extra damage ?

Volty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Game Designer

09-24-2011
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimise View Post
1.Allow her passive to stack up to 4 times, . At which this can either A) All be detonated by an ally ability or attack or B) Detonate 1 charge per ally ability or attack. Obviously option A means more burst potential while B spreads the damage out a over time a little more.

2. ALSO Leona's abilities do additional damage depending on the number of Sunlight charges are on her opponent. lvl 1-6 abilities do 5/10/15/20% more damage lvl 7-12 7.5/15/22.5/30% and lvls 13-18 10/20/30/40% more damage.
First off, thank you for your commentary and suggestions Dimise. I wanted to reply your ideas because I think they're good ideas but I have some issues with both points.

One reason to not do part 2 above is that Leona would want her stacks to stay up on her target to boost her own damage, but her allies would often be taking them away. This would probably be frustrating for the Leona player, since you can't control how quickly your allies are snatching up the charges.

Part 1 is, by itself, still an interesting change, but I'm hesitant to do it because as it plays on live Leona has an incentive to weave her attacks with an ally. That's pretty advanced play, but I'm happy that this opportunity exists right now, even if a lot of the time it can be difficult to weave so precisely. Letting sunlight stack up does make it easier to ensure that charges aren't wasted though, which reduces the variance in the skill, generally a good thing. Which is more important to you in this particular case? Opportunities for high-skill play or consistent results?

Volty

Game Designer

09-24-2011
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus the Lord View Post
100% agree, that is a huge issue for Leona.

I think her Q should reduce 1 sec CD with each swing on a champ... or maybe her regular swings should apply her passive so others can do extra damage ?
I'm really a fan of letting melee swings lower Q's cooldown. (Played Skarner yet?) But I worry if that could create the wrong item incentive for Leona: attack speed.

Volty

Game Designer

09-24-2011
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimise View Post
I love playing Leona but I feel my games always go a certain way. I either feed my carry at bot or I don't; but in either situation unless we make the enemy surrender i always start to feel completely unless towards late game. My stuns don't last long enough and my damage is pretty much nonexistent at this point. So i'm pretty much not a threat at all.
We have discussed letting stun duration on, say, Q scale with AP or maybe Armor/MR as a means of giving her late-game scaling. If it went from 1 second to say, 1.75 seconds depending on either AP or the sum of Armor and MR, would that be interesting? Balance might have to be compensated for elsewhere.

MBirk

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volty View Post
I'm really a fan of letting melee swings lower Q's cooldown. (Played Skarner yet?) But I worry if that could create the wrong item incentive for Leona: attack speed.
shorter cooldown when leona is hit would also have the same issue with further encouraging everyone to just ignore her.

Is, "cd reduced on ALLY hit" a possible mechanic with the engine? (within a certain range of course)