Explain to us the whole point system...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Strongwords

09-23-2011

I want to know how it's work exactly, how many points is drained at X captured shrines, at kills or whatever other thing comes.

I didn't get how a game can go from 30-140, to 25-0 so fast.

4FT Jungle

09-23-2011

it's pretty simple really, every kill you get drains 2 points from the enemy nexus. completing the assigned quests during gameplay instantly drain 20 points from the enemy nexus. as far as the number of captured turrets and the scoring assigned to that aspect i'm not exactly sure of the interval yet but it ticks down the enemy nexus over intervals, the point decrease per tick is equal to the number of turrets you control. hope that was a little helpful

JoeDuo

09-23-2011

Your team control points, the enemy team control points.
The team that has the most control points does not lose nexus points; neither teams lose points if it's a tie.
The more point difference between the two teams, the faster the losing team's nexus is getting drained.

Kills also drain 2 point from enemy nexus if it has more than 100 points left.
And quests drain extras (I'm not aware of the finer details of quest related nexus drains.)

Strongwords

09-23-2011

Wow i see, didin't knew quests was that important.

Anyone knows the numbers between point control and health lost?

Thanks for the help.

Peeved Latios

09-23-2011

1 Point advantage = 1 HP per second taken off of the opponent's nexus.
2 Point advantage = 1.5 HP/s
3 Point advantage = 2 HP/s
4 Point advantage = 2.5 HP/s
5 Point advantage = 5 HP/s

Also, if the nexus has 100 or less hp NOTHING but the natural ticks will hurt it.

BadgerBarrage

09-23-2011

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...hensive+thread

There are the numbers for the points held about halfway down.

Edit: Disrupting enemy Champions' efforts to channel a Tower will cause that team to lose a point, while killing an enemy champion or capturing a point will damage the enemy nexus 2 points. Neutralizing an enemy point will cause that team to lose 3 Nexus health. Once the nexus is at 100 health, only captures/quest completions can cause damage.

Though from what Jozrael has said recently it's <125 points, not 100. The above was taken from the linked thread.

Strongwords

09-23-2011

I see good stuff here

much appreciate
ty

FoxPirate

09-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alidardeath View Post
Disrupting enemy Champions' efforts to channel a Tower will cause that team to lose a point
Woah, that's news to me.

I guess it's better to stop the channel yourself just before getting hit, then.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

09-24-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alidardeath View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...hensive+thread

There are the numbers for the points held about halfway down.

Edit: Disrupting enemy Champions' efforts to channel a Tower will cause that team to lose a point, while killing an enemy champion or capturing a point will damage the enemy nexus 2 points. Neutralizing an enemy point will cause that team to lose 3 Nexus health. Once the nexus is at 100 health, only captures/quest completions can cause damage.

Though from what Jozrael has said recently it's <125 points, not 100. The above was taken from the linked thread.

Edit2: Check out this thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1268527
For where Jozrael mentions the 125 and it can be inferred from his comments that quests DO still take away points after that threshold. They can simply not take the LAST point of health from a nexus.
Please don't quote me as an authority on this . I don't have the code in front of me, so I'm just speaking from my experiences. I have no idea how quests interact at different point intervals. From my experience they just take 20 off their nexus health (and maybe they never spawn below a certain range?)

Magicapples

09-24-2011

So can this point system be used to augment the ELO system?

I think there is often a person who excels above their team that does not deserve a loss as well as people on the victor team that don't perhaps deserve the win.

I suggest this point system be able to minimize ELO lost or augment ELo gained

it seems Riot has finally figured out a way to grade performance in game. It should be used.