Dominion Gameplay Concepts

First Riot Post
123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gilvado

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancing Cow View Post
My friends and I had a pretty good strategy working.

Two "defenders" to take the two nodes adjacent to the base and hold them.
Champions that excelled at this role were Shaco, Heimerdinger, Yorick, Cho'gath.

3 "attackers" to head directly for the windmill. Each attacker was specialized in some way (One tanky, one hard dps, and one speed for ninja capping).
The best attackers were Gangplank, Lee Sin, Rammus, Jarvan, Teemo, Yi, Akali, etc.

With heimer and shaco defending, no advances could be made on our bottom or central nodes. This lockdown allowed us to consistently 3-cap no matter what the situation. I expect to see some 'total defense' strategies like this in the future.
Two on defense means that they can get away with one on defense and use four to cap top. The game is not as simple as that.

Brackhar

Features Designer

09-22-2011
1 of 3 Riot Posts

This is a nice writeup. Very solid.

Boldizar

09-22-2011

I'd add another team role to that list. Could go by any number of names: intercept, blocker, stall, etc.

This is a champ who works in a group of at least two to capture undefended points. When an enemy or enemies show up trying repel the cap, the blocker tries to engage them to buy the rest of his group time to secure the point.

This isn't just charging off and attack someone prematurely, since unless they're extremely squishy or just clueless, they'll manage to interrupt your team and/or kill you. Champs who do well in this role can CC multiple targets at once, or single targets repeatedly. If shields can prevent capture interrupts, those are good as well. Anivia is a great blocker, with a wall, stun, and slow to throw in the defenders' path. Alistar, Gragas, and Lux are other examples of effective stalls.

Interceptors aren't always necessary, and the role isn't broad enough to require a slot from someone who can't do anything else particularly well (if such a champ exists). It's still good to know who can do it in a pinch, especially if you're not planning to rely on a roamer.

StandAloneX

09-22-2011

Sounds about right on point as to what I've picked up so far.

schmide

09-22-2011

Holy carp. (removed) Now I feel enlightened.

You are a Zen Master.

Edit: Originally wrote "I thought of some of this" after pondering things I wasn't even close to this level. Best to admit my lowliness.

Slumber Jack

09-22-2011

I learned something

+1 if I wasn't getting the invalid ID error

Phourc

09-22-2011

Awesome, you have put words to thoughts I was only starting to have xP

TheAngryMunchkin

09-23-2011

this needs to be bumped

Mahbubalij

09-23-2011

Thumbs up.

EddyEduardo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

Bump. Cos a red post with only 1 thumb up (or thumb down) is just weirding me out... o.O

123456 ... 10