The Very Pleased With Dominion Thread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mchi

09-22-2011

I love this mode

Misentro

09-22-2011

Signed
I played a ranked SR game after Dominion ended... running up to Ryze as Singed because you want to constantly be fighting isn't a great strategy.

RetiredCheney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

I had my expectations low, but it's really fun, when they closed it, I didn't even want to play summoners rift.

Dentzu

09-22-2011

Won 8 straight games as noct, don't even worry about it.

Great Leader

09-22-2011

Today was the best day EVAR!

No really, I had a blast. I cannot wait for this to get released.

subninja

Champion Designer

09-22-2011
2 of 3 Riot Posts

I'm very pleased that I was finally able to play dominion with you guys!

Groxxy

Recruiter

09-22-2011

Loved.every.second.

Bleedndreamz

09-22-2011

I'm pleased. There are a few glitches they still need to work out. (We had a Katarina jump to the center of the of a capture point, and ult, and she pushed the capture point off to the side... at least that is how it looked...)

Having new strats for a game is fun. Rather annoyed seeing everyone say "WOW DOMINION IS SO ORIGINAL AND EXCITING" when in reality it is just Arathi Basin with a couple changes. Now this isn't saying that is a bad idea. In all honesty most of the WoW battlegrounds are excellent, and I would love to see them get transferred into LoL. Particularly a capture the flag/Warsong gultch style map.

Dominion in general was a step in the right direction for games like this. The most boring and rather frustrating part of the game is farming. Sure it is hard coded into the playstyle of the game. But honestly? Summoners rift would be a lot more fast paced and action packed if you gave the option to make the gold gain system more like dominion.

The reason LoL has simply become as passive as it is is:

Not because of Sustain

Not because lack of good gankers

Not because of flash

No

The reality of the situation is that 9/10 times it is almost always better to just sit in your lane and farm passively than it is to actually fight. You want to reach the late game as fast as possible, and farming is the only way to do that. And with dragon being worth about the same as towers, except towers give additional map control. It is very hard to find a point where team fighting would be more viable over simply pushing a lane super hard/farming super hard.

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Quote:
The reality of the situation is that 9/10 times it is almost always better to just sit in your lane and farm passively than it is to actually fight.
Exactly! Summoner's rift is more about the all mighty "Last Hit". Such a farming game. Nothing wrong with it...but I'm tired of it. I played DotA a little bit. Played HoN for almost 2 years. Came to LoL for a nice spin on the gameplay. While I do enjoy it...Crystal Scar is so much better!

I'm going to be one of the people that never sets foot in Summoners Rift again when Dominion is officially released. I've been waiting for a MOBA style game like this forever. One that has the same mechanics, but finally changes the 5v5, 3-lane tower metagame.

Promance

09-22-2011

My Irelia is pleased.