Dominion: Personal Score

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

09-22-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I agree it doesn't support defense enough. We'll be talking about this.

Mageganker

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shjade Nexayre View Post
Indeed. Of course the trouble with doing something like awarding points just for staying in range of a turret you own would undoubtedly mean some people would feel encouraged to sit on the turrets for points when they'd be more effective advancing.
ez

Award points for defending turrets only when there are enemy champions within X range of the turret. Obviously if the entire enemy force is top and you are hugging a bottom turret, you're not really defending anything, you're afking!

Yefo

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Awesome, thanks Morello!

SSOTP

09-22-2011

i was thinking same thing when i sat 2 games in a row bot lane protecting, every once in a while i would get +5 but i defended the turret for almost 15 min, against many waves,

Do you get more points around a turret if you get a kill while defending??

despondent

09-22-2011

it promotes healing and buffing ALOT though

Yefo

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by despondent View Post
it promotes healing and buffing ALOT though
Speaking of which, anybody try to play support on Dominion? I've only ever seen a couple Sonas, and they weren't on my team.

LordRandomness

09-22-2011

+1. My defensive shrooming as Teemo just makes me look bad because I don't get any visible reward for it.

Vapes

09-22-2011

Agreed, in the games I played, I often got #1 running around capping, but it felt like it was shaky and the game could turn really fast, it felt a lot more stable when I was defending 3/2, but ended up 4th or 5th on the team, just getting that +5 every now and then.

I'm not sure everything you get points for, but it seems like you should get them not just for killing people around your own point but also for interrupting captures, and even just people canceling their captures when you're around. Just you being in the right place at the right time saved the point, who cares if you kill them. Granted, sometimes there's a crazy start/stop over and over that two players might exchange and obviously that shouldn't make your score skyrocket or anything, so maybe a cooldown on it...

vX2

09-22-2011

Can we have more quests?

pavi132

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Thank you! I've been wanting a response about this since I often play tanks or tanky characters and defend. Also, one of the problems I see is that you have to actually be standing on the point to get credit for defending even though it seems more productive and beneficial to the team if you are putting pressure on the opposing point (pushing minions, feigning a move towards theirs to cap, etc.) while staying close enough to defend yours, but not close enough to receive credit. Is this being looked into?