Dominion balance: Why you should not worry, why right now it is currently fine.

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Illusia

Release Coordinator

09-22-2011
1 of 4 Riot Posts

It may take a while for people to get used to this idea, but I completely agree that Dominion creates different roles for champions. While there are champions that are strong fighters on the map, I find that winning this mode often has very little to do with how many kills you get or fights you win. (especially with the low death timers and low gold/reward from killing champions)

For example, champions that can clear waves and push very well can use minions to put pressure on many different capture points without having to engage the other team. Champions that have high mobility can easily move around the map capturing undefended points or distract and lead the other team on a long chase.

Stauffy

09-22-2011

People claiming Dominion is brokenly unbalanced after two days are being ridiculous.

You claiming Dominion is perfectly balanced after two days is equally ridiculous.

Sykper

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylnaz View Post
There are balancing issues on Dominion because some champs (Tryn) are brokenly OP on the map since there aren't any team fights where you could usually focus them down easily/CC them you are stuck fighting against champs that can easily take out half of your team with no effort
Truthfully, I kind of expected to see a post about certain champions, Tryndamere especially, but bear in mind that just like in Summoner's Rift, Tyrndamere should be a champion you do not straight up fight without a back-up plan, exhausts, hard CC like stuns or fears, kiting as a last resort.

With such a good income from both sides, there is a need for players to want to build their ideal full builds immediately, but why not build a bit against such OP champions? Thornmail does WONDERS especially against Tyrndamere, and if you aren't already having your 'Defender' CC him to death then it is just a player issue, not whether the champion dominates Dominion or not.

Regardless, it is still a fact that Tyrndamere would be a strong pick, but as are many other champions... it is not so much a balance issue rather than a player one, sorry to say.

*Note, I do pick on Tyrndamere a lot in this post, but it applies to all supposed 'OP' champions, Heimerdinger, Lee Sin, Rammus, etc. They have weaknesses!*

Travosaga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Except if you don't pick/ban rammus, you're probably going to lose the game.

Sykper

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusia View Post
It may take a while for people to get used to this idea, but I completely agree that Dominion creates different roles for champions. While there are champions that are strong fighters on the map, I find that winning this mode often has very little to do with how many kills you get or fights you win. (especially with the low death timers and low gold/reward from killing champions)

For example, champions that can clear waves and push very well can use minions to put pressure on many different capture points without having to engage the other team. Champions that have high mobility can easily move around the map capturing undefended points or distract and lead the other team on a long chase.
Exactly, if you really want to get down to it, people are still in this 'Summoner's Rift' mindset about champions compared to what the 'Dominion' mindset should be, and that is again, very different.

The game literally awards you points based on how you play your role! Defenders gain points just by pushing away foes, and healing with nearby health pick-ups, Attackers gain points by killing and pressuring points to capture and assist, Stalkers go on large killing sprees and pick up the Storm shield in the center to affect the game flow, and Capturers focus their attention on different points and knowing WHERE to hit next, avoid confrontation and escape, maybe kite for a gank...

So many things are involved it actually boggles my mind, really impressive.

Also...pardon my enthusiasm but this is my first red post in any of my threads, so as they say "Woo-hoo!"

Rocket27

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travosaga View Post
Except if you don't pick/ban rammus, you're probably going to lose the game.
Rammus isn't as game-breaking as people make him out to be, as long as someone on your team keeps an eye out and is cycling between your 1-2 undefended objectives, rammus shouldn't be a problem. Add that to any character with a global ability (ashe/ez/karthus etc), and backdooring shouldn't be an issue.

Karnivore915 v3

09-22-2011

I wish people would try to push the "lanes" more. I get *****ed at a lot for not jumping immediately into a teamfight on their controlled point. Id much rather push the minions to it, they do so much more than people give them credit for.

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Quote:
I thought split pushing and pushing champs in general were frowned upon by Riot. At least that's what i'm sure a red said in regards to Sivir once.

Rebonack

09-22-2011

Quote:
Champions that have high mobility can easily move around the map capturing undefended points or distract and lead the other team on a long chase.
I've been using a high movespeed build for Koggy and doing exactly this.

I play him as a Defender. Find an enemy champ trying to take a point and nail them with my Ult. Just keep harassing until they get fed up and try to chase me down. Once they're after me I can just run them in circles or burn them down with my superior range.

I've had three people chasing me around the map before. It's pretty hilarious.

Belarock

09-22-2011

It developes champion skills, but dehances your mechanical abilities. New players will become more and more casual i think... Oh well.

123456 ... 7