Black Screen/BugSplat Crash

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xubrai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-21-2011

Update: Played a few more games, and it crashed, this time with a BugSplat report, and a driver error. This is after I tried the multithreading thing that Hohums posted, so I guess that doesn't work.

BroMumbles

09-21-2011

I'm running an Nvidia GTX570 as well. I know most of what's needed to be said has been said by the community, and what's been suggested has been tried, but I want people to know that we're still having this issue.

endlesszilch

09-21-2011

I have been getting the same issue as well. I have a GTX580

a) 3-5 sec black screen then returns back to game
b) 3-5 sec black screen then bug splat crash

All of you who have this problem try the NVIDIA beta driver 285.27 (clean install)

I have updated to 285.27 and Adobe Air and the crash hasn't come back for me so far.

DavieB

Player Support Special Projects Coordinator

09-22-2011
11 of 30 Riot Posts

Greetings all,

I'm with player support and while trouble shooting this issue with players we have found some success by rolling back drivers on Nvidia 400-500 series to drivers from before December of 2010. This is meant to be a temporary work around while we continue to work on finding a solution.

You can find a guide to rolling back your drivers in Windows 7 here:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/window...-windows-7.htm

If you do not have old enough drivers you should be able to find them at Nvidia's site here:
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

If you choose to do this please note that you will be doing so at your own risk and there are no promises here, but I can say that some of our players have been finding success with this roll back option. Please let us know if this works for you.

PlatypusAvenger

09-22-2011

I've just had the same happen in Dominion -- has never happend while playing LoL before. Upon finally getting my machine rebooted, all of my graphics settings have been lost and I get the error message

Could not load direct3d

I am reinstalling my current drivers (Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT) to see if this resolves the issue. Does the fix mentioned above apply to older graphics cards like this as well?

ThisisWarr

09-22-2011

i got this also just now in dominion; but after bug splat started to get data, it blue screened my computer

i have an nvidia geforce 9800 GT

i have the older drivers installed because my computer model is bugged and cant handle the new drivers.

i dont think its my computers lack of power because i can run starcraft at well over 90 fps

BangarangOps

09-22-2011

i wish i could play lol since the patch. please fix video fails please. im hurtin to gank peeps. dont make me go buy HoN.

Fatwa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by failureisnear View Post
i wish i could play lol since the patch. please fix video fails please. im hurtin to gank peeps. dont make me go buy HoN.
Such comments do not assist in the troubleshooting process, please keep them out of this thread.

Fatwa

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatypusAvenger View Post
I've just had the same happen in Dominion -- has never happend while playing LoL before. Upon finally getting my machine rebooted, all of my graphics settings have been lost and I get the error message

Could not load direct3d

I am reinstalling my current drivers (Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT) to see if this resolves the issue. Does the fix mentioned above apply to older graphics cards like this as well?
To confirm your symptom:

Your screen went black for 1-3 seconds, you heard sound, the game either recovered or quit w/ a BugSplat error reporting window appearing.

If those are not your symptoms, this does not appear to be your issue. Please keep issues unrelated to the specific symptoms listed out of the thread, as it confuses the record/information collecting process.

Riot World Peace

Associate QA Analyst

09-22-2011
12 of 30 Riot Posts

Hello, would any of you be willing to run GPU-Z and log your graphics stats to a file? While playing the game, of course. Ideally, you'd post the logs taken during games that crash. For my convenience, please write your system specs (most interested in your Windows version/edition/architecture [32 vs 64-bit], CPU, graphics card, and graphics card driver version... but more info is always better) in the same forum post in which you attach the GPU-Z log. I understand many of you have already posted this information, but it'd make things easier for me

For those of you who are unfamiliar with this application, it displays the hardware specifications of your graphics adapter and can also log various bits of data to a file. I'd be interested in seeing what it logs. Remember to check both "Log to file" AND "Continue refreshing this screen while GPU-Z is in the background" in the Sensors tab of the application.