Champion Balance and Dominion beta

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

09-21-2011
3 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drekor View Post
If only you listened to your own advice.
Oh, you, making things up when you disagree with balance decisions <3

Karlyr

09-21-2011

Seriously guys. Quit flaming about OP champions. You just played what...3-4 games of Dominion and you're raging on OP champions on this mode already ? Guys, at this moment of the beta, you see good players. Not OP champions.

Instead of raging, play the character, see if you can do as well as the guy which raped you and talk back later. I consider myself able to say that a character is OP when I'm playing and find myself having too much damage/damage/mana for the cause.

Cepholar

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzenic View Post
zomg

Edit:
So if I'm human, I'll never get to try Dominion?

I woke up this morning to discover, after getting the necessary 9 hours of sleep I usually require, that the first dominion beta window had come and passed not more than 2 hours before I woke up.

Seriously Riot?

I don't even work or anything, I specifically foresaw this when I was conceived in the womb, and consequently wasted my life so I would be unemployed and have no girlfriend to distract me from dominion, and I miss the beta window simply because I had to sleep. Clearly your fault.
I am sorry, what did you expect from "off peak hours" ?

Did you expect YOUR off peak hours? Or did you expect your countries off peak hours?
Neither of which are the important point of interest.

Server off peak hours is our bread winner here. Try again next time.

Miraje182

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

Mobility and AOE Crowd Control seem to play huge factors is dominion.

Kennen is one of the best heroes if not OP.
Amumu is great too if you can land that bandage toss.

Whyumai

09-21-2011

Just FYI a couple of things that would improved beta testing for Dominion
1. A tutorial video highlighting the new features and how they function ie: Phreak Spotlight on Dominion.
2. Post a forum questionnaire with questions on details you want specific information about. Could be a simple as a word doc/pdf with questions in it.

Otherwise some feedback
1. Movement speed seems really strong in dominion.
2. Long range abilities (GP's ultimate, TF's ultimate, Nocturne's ultimate and Warwick bloodscent are examples) seem quite strong on dominion.
3. I wasn't always sure which point was which. I realize there's a graphically clues in the map design (and in the mini-map) but would it be possible to have some sort of text on the ground near the points? Maybe around the circle that the points are in?
4. The scores given don't really translate well asindicators of personal skill. In one game I got 600 points and won while in another game I played I got like over 1000 and won. You would think that in the 1000 point game I played better or did more but that wasn't the case. It seems like a very arbitrary system for scoring.
5. Lastly, it seems to be a alot of fun.

Borkcire

09-21-2011

Hmm. My only beef was with late game carries (Especially AD) that get their items too fast.

An instance is Tryndamere (I've seen him in every single game I played): I was playing Udyr and running around with around 200 armor when suddenly Tryndamere jumps out and kills me in 3 auto attacks.

The only times I've been able to completely counter him was when I was playing Mundo, because his ridiculous regen allowed me to stand toe to toe with Tryndamere and usually win.

Speaking of Mundo, he's really fun to play on this map. While others need to go back from time to time, Mundo just runs around capping points constantly.

GreenThunda

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzenic View Post
zomg

Edit:
So if I'm human, I'll never get to try Dominion?

I woke up this morning to discover, after getting the necessary 9 hours of sleep I usually require, that the first dominion beta window had come and passed not more than 2 hours before I woke up.
it was from 10-12 central time. This means you were either asleep til 12 (pacific, 10am+2hrs) or until 3pm.

You realize the problem is you sleep late, most humans don't sleep until past noon. Esp considering jobs require you to usually wake up by 8, and if you're a college kid by 9.

Offtheheazy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

only thing about ranged dps is that they cant wander around solo orelse.........

bye bye

M4D

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
So, when you see something that seems strong, attempt to counter it. Think about options. Try a different tactic. This is the way you can get a better view of the real issues and what options are. Things like hearing casters are weak makes me suspect, when we've had the opposite of that experience
You didn't said that to that thousands of people that were getting owned by XZ in low elo.
How can we belive that anything we write will make a differance? Lets face it, dominion will be mostely casual style and when some champion will get too much winratio in this mode, you will nerf him, because smart players can adapt, others can't...

InvisibleDagger

09-21-2011

is there a notice telling u when the beta is up and how to get onto the beta?(like custom pvp etc.)