Petition to release Dominion NOW!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

draftomatic

09-21-2011

You obviously have no understanding (or appreciation) for software engineering. A petition is not going to change Riot's mind... they are doing this for technical reasons that you probably can't fathom.

Pissfer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

Petitions aren't going to do anything at this point. Just let them release it when they're ready

And they've stated this fact already:
They're not beta testing the map, they're beta testing the server stability

Death Crave

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

Agreed it needs a true stress test, AKA release it until the servers crash.

Otherwise testing is gonna take longer than it needs to.

Morello

Lead Designer

09-21-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

The reason Dominion isn't out is due to some server and platform scaling things we want to ensure are great for the release. Basically, with something like this, you can imagine how much busier the servers will be at peak time - and few things are more FFFFFFF than something new you want being there and it being laggy, or having to wait 3 hours.

The beta's intent is to make sure this doesn't happen and when it's out, it's clean, smooth and the wait is impacted as little as possible.

CommanderShepard

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
The reason Dominion isn't out is due to some server and platform scaling things we want to ensure are great for the release. Basically, with something liek this, you can imagine how much busier the servers will be at peak time - and few things are more FFFFFFF than something new you want being there and it being laggy, or having to wait 3 hours.

The beta's intent is to make sure this doesn't happen and when it's out, it's clean, smooth and the wait is impacted as little as possible.
I guess we should start testing those server scalings pretty soon, shouldn't we

Tacolicious

Recruiter

09-21-2011

Quote:
The reason Dominion isn't out is due to some server and platform scaling things we want to ensure are great for the release. Basically, with something liek this, you can imagine how much busier the servers will be at peak time - and few things are more FFFFFFF than something new you want being there and it being laggy, or having to wait 3 hours.

alright but needs moar! i havent gotten to play yet :C

Lock Jaw

09-21-2011

Quote:

when dominion becomes fully available will we see server improvement then?

Kam Wah

09-21-2011

Quote:

I'm confused - how is opening up the beta for 120 minutes, at off-peak hours an appropriate method for testing the new mode's impact on platform/server stability? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me if it's not tested close to the likely conditions. I'm guessing its cause you intend for the data you need for testing to gradually increase when more and more people become aware of the opening hours, instead of having it explode all at once? If that's the case it kind of contradicts the whole "making sure everything is stable first".

Tacolicious

Recruiter

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandx View Post
I'm confused - how is opening up the beta for 120 minutes, at off-peak hours an appropriate method for testing the new mode's impact on platform/server stability? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me if it's not tested close to the likely conditions. I'm guessing its cause you intend for the data you need for testing to gradually increase when more and more people become aware of the opening hours, instead of having it explode all at once? If that's the case it kind of contradicts the whole "making sure everything is stable first".
i think they are doing it at different times of every day.. like 12 today, 2 tomorrow, 4 next day etc.. to see the load on servers at every time of the day, to see how much ram theyll need to sustain connections for a 24 hour period when they release it ;o

hiout

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Hello,

Like many of you, i had the chance to play Dominion for a couple games and enjoyed it.

The game seems ready to be launch and to be honest did not see any bugs even if i am sure there is one or two i did not have the chance to play enough to catch any.

To be honest it could not be worst than 3vs3 Map balance issue. The best way to find bugs and fix things is to have massive amount of people playing .

TL;DR Release Dominion
STOP QQing it will be out when its out done when its done o and your playing a free game you should not have the right to Petition anything or demand so i have two words for you gamer entitlement ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻