MUNDO DPSES AS HE PLEASES! OR: I swear to god if you build warmogs....

12345612 ... 18
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamie Fawley

Senior Member

06-03-2010

you say mundo isn't a tank yet half your items are tank items?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

Senior Member

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie the awsome View Post
you say mundo isn't a tank yet half your items are tank items?
What?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amaterasuomikami

Senior Member

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
lol @ DPS Mundo XD. Makes me laugh so much...you get 1 skill slightly better at the cost of all 3 of your others. Lern 2 offtank.

you're entitled to your opinion, but you share a lot with the third reich if you're gonna sit there and tell people they're wrong for thinking differently than you. Mundo can tank, he can tank very well. Just because you can't do it right, don't shut down the whole build.(Also your argument that giants belt > warmogs doesnt work when average tank mundo gets 2 Warmogs, and you don't have inventory space to hold that many belts...gg.
First Skill - Slows, Based of AP or a scaling health percentage

Second Skill - Offers reduced CC and an AoE scaling of AP

Third Skill - Provides an attack damage buff, endgame is +100

Ult - Regenerates 50% HP and gives movespeed

So dude where is the tank in there? Im just wondering. Maybe you could consider his second skill.... but other then that you know what this screams to me?
A chaser, he has a slow, a way to improve his movespeed, a way to prevent CC and finally an AD buff.
That screams DPS to me idk what your thinking

Also he is a MELEE DPS which mean you dont build him squishy, but ffs dont get warmogs [get mallet]


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amaterasuomikami

Senior Member

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie the awsome View Post
you say mundo isn't a tank yet half your items are tank items?
See above post, your MDPS you need to build some survival or you will get torn apart. Its why Yi is so low elo, hes too squishy for the job.

Furthermore

Doran's Sheild and one Health Potion - Could be consider a 'tank' item however there is a trend around DPS grabbing this for the early game boost. So a tank item, maybe.

Mercury's treads - Not a tank item, at all. Too many champs benefit from it [Mundo espically]

Spirit Visage- Not really a tank item either, seeing as how its primary use is improving heals. The MR might be 'tanky' i guess

Last Whisper- Obviously DPS

The Bloodthirster(or two ) - Again DPS

Frozen Mallet - DPS with HP


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustDavid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-03-2010

I definitely agree that Mundo's should not get warmogs. It is not that warmog is not good on Mundo, but with the cost of warmogs one would get better items.

Also offtank =/= tank =/= dps. Building an offtank - dps Mundo is still possible as with pure dps Mundo. It really depends on the game you are playing in. If you get focused a lot, build more survivability instead of DPS. If you find that you are ignorable, just build more attack speed items.

@ zeal vs IE: While IE is good on any carry, Mundo gets all of his damage from masochism. Zeal gives him attack speed, dodge, and movement speed. The faster he attacks the higher his dps will be. Dodge is just a nice stat to have sometimes, but not necessary. The most important one is the speed. With burning agony, merc treads, his ulti, a zeal or two, and ghost (not always needed), no one will be able to run away from you. IE may provide more damage, but zeals will provide him with the speed needed to close the gap between their team and himself.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NessOnett

Senior Member

06-03-2010

im gonna respond to Pwnacus with the Same level of intelligence as him:

MUNDO IS A TANK! I am right because I said that in allcaps! Only noobs play DPS Mundo(with absolutely no argument to back it up)! And if you disagree with me then you are wrong because I'm always right! BWAAAHHAHHAHHAA ALLCAPS!

But seriously, he has the second best survivability of any character in the game(following Rammus), he has a lot more DPS building full tank than most other tanks, if not more. An offtank isnt supposed to have CC, he's supposed to absorb damage and be able to search and destroy low health targets under turrets and with teammate protection(because he can ignore their CC). And again, his damage output, he can kill a turret from full health solo with no minions and 5 people on the other team pounding on him...and get away afterwards. I don't know how you are doing it wrong on tank mundo, because I end games 4-shotting squishies with over 6k health.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pwnacus Maximus

Senior Member

06-03-2010

@Carados and Amatsumero-whatever, thanks for backing me up on this. More people need to be educated on this grave misconception.

@Justdavid: Honestly it's a matter of preference. I like to hit kinda-fast, and REALLY ****ING HARD, instead of Pretty fast, and pretty hard. Both types will work, but i just prefer to see the big numbers and chopping off giant chunks of people's health.

You can also argue that more damage is superior to more attack speed and less damage, because you may not always be able to get off the same number of hits it would take to equal the damage output of a heavy-hitter mundo.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
im gonna respond to Pwnacus with the Same level of intelligence as him:

MUNDO IS A TANK! I am right because I said that in allcaps! Only noobs play DPS Mundo(with absolutely no argument to back it up)! And if you disagree with me then you are wrong because I'm always right! BWAAAHHAHHAHHAA ALLCAPS!

But seriously, he has the second best survivability of any character in the game(following Rammus), he has a lot more DPS building full tank than most other tanks, if not more. An offtank isnt supposed to have CC, he's supposed to absorb damage and be able to search and destroy low health targets under turrets and with teammate protection(because he can ignore their CC). And again, his damage output, he can kill a turret from full health solo with no minions and 5 people on the other team pounding on him...and get away afterwards. I don't know how you are doing it wrong on tank mundo, because I end games 4-shotting squishies with over 6k health.
LOL. you must be trolling me now. second best survivability in the game? LOLWUT. when you're getting beaten on by 5 of the other team, mundo's regen means JACK ****. an offtank doesn't have CC? LOL. name one offtank that doesn't have some form of CC. an offtank supposed to absorb damage? also LOL. if they don't absorb the damage, then who will? the Healer? **** YEAH TANK JANNA.

How the hell can you four shot people as tank mundo unless they're level one? if you knew anything about mundo you'd know his damage is pitiful without any boosts, unless he's REALLY low on hp, which you wouldn't be if you were tanking mundo. Also he needs armor penetration which most nooby tank mundos lack.

EDIT:
Quote:
And again, his damage output, he can kill a turret from full health solo with no minions and 5 people on the other team pounding on him...and get away afterwards. I don't know how you are doing it wrong on tank mundo, because I end games 4-shotting squishies with over 6k health.
...Are you high? whatever you're smoking, you gotta hook me up bro.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amaterasuomikami

Senior Member

06-03-2010

Personally i dont have the same item build, but i see him more built as an MDPS thats actually viable cause he has some survival.

To me he is the chaser, you dont run right into their faces you come around behind them and
1- Slaughter squishes

2- Chase and kill those that broke off from the fight


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pwnacus Maximus

Senior Member

06-03-2010

Exactly, Mundo is a Tough Dpser, not capable of epic dps like Jax, or epic survibability like shen. He fits squarely in the middle. I see him similar role-wise to Udyr, with a bit less survivability.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NessOnett

Senior Member

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaterasuomikami View Post
First Skill - Slows, Based of AP or a scaling health percentage
A skill used for chasing, which you can still do on Tank Mundo, except you can do it far better due to the fact that you can run through more with far less fear. A tank mundo can dive through 4 people and 3 turrets to chase down someone ghosting away, the DPS mundo dies when he gets seen. This skill also benefits 0% from DPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaterasuomikami View Post
Second Skill - Offers reduced CC and an AoE scaling of AP
AOE damage that is unaffected by DPS(have you met Amumu?), DPS is unable to use this to full effectiveness because he doesnt have the health or the regen to support it. And have you met Alistar? The best tank of old? He was the best tank because of his built in CC reduction when he ulted...it's a very useful thing to have on a tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaterasuomikami View Post
Third Skill - Provides an attack damage buff, endgame is +100
Best tank right now is Shen. This is very similar to his Ki strike, and why Tank Mundo still does damage. Every single damage item you get(and he's getting several) is exponentially less useful and makes this skill less and less useful. Having a flat damage buff and not a percentage based one has always been and will always be a TANK attribute because of their naturally low AD to start with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaterasuomikami View Post
Ult - Regenerates 50% HP and gives movespeed
So having nearly double health every fight is a bad thing? Being able to constantly keep pushing without needing to town(again with Alistar). DPS characters as well often stay immobile autoattacking most teamfights until they're in trouble, so the movespeed is completely lost on DPS. Wheras, like I said before, Tank is FAR superior for chasing.

So in Summary, every one of these skills is unaffected by DPS in the slightest(except somewhat the third, but it helps Tank more). And every one of these is very helpful for a DPS-causing TANK.


12345612 ... 18