MUNDO DPSES AS HE PLEASES! OR: I swear to god if you build warmogs....

1234511 ... 18
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pwnacus Maximus

Senior Member

06-03-2010

EDIT: After a bit of thought i've decided to change the item build around a bit.

Preface: I'm sick and ****ing tired of seeing noobs play tank mundo, so i decided to write a DPS mundo guide.
Leaguecraft link:http://www.leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/2816,MUNDO+DPSES+AS+HE+PLEASES!+OR%3A+I+swear+to+g od+if+you+build+warmogs....


Introduction:
This is NOT a Tank Mundo guide. If you consider playing Mundo as a tank, please go committ sekppuku with a rusty spoon. Seriously. Mundo is simply not qualified to be a tank. HP regeneration =/= tanking ability.

Honestly, look at a good tank, like Shen. What does shen have that makes him a good tank? Lets see.. CC(Shadow Dash) The most important part of a tank, it allows them to "Force" a fight, and his Feint is damage mitigation that allows him to SURVIVE that fight. Mundo has none of these. If you have actually tried tank mundo, you'd know that his ultimate and passive are extremely underpowered in a tanking sense. No other tank has a flat damage buff that increases with missing HP. Tanks are about staying at high amounts of HP, not getting MAD DAMAGE when you are about to bite the dust.

"But but but Pwnacus.... I GET WARMOGS HAEV OVER 3K HP MAD TANK SKILLZ LOLOLOLO" Die. Please. for the good of us all. Just because you build Warmogs like a dumbass on a DPS character doesn't make you a tank. I mean really, tank Garen is actually a better idea than tank Mundo.

And another thing, Warmogs is a ****ing terrible item. If you need flat HP, you're better off buying a bunch of giants belts, you'll save alot more money that way. It is wholly inefficient, gold per hp.

Now if you want to play Mundo like he was designed to be, read on.


Masteries & Runes:
I use a kind of unorthodox mastery build, but it works for me and the summoner spells I use.
I use a 21/0/9 setup, in the offense tree picking up Improved Exhaust, all of the Sorcery talent, and Sunder. In the Utility tree, I pick up Spatial Accuracy, 3/3 of Perseverance which makes Mundo's passive and ultimate better, The increased experience talent and one point in the extended buff talent, because I like to pick up lizard buff whenever possible.

Runes: Armor Penetration marks, flat cooldown reduction on glyphs, and Flat armor penetration or flat health quintessences. Seals are your choice.
Mundo only really needs a full set of armor penetration marks to be effective.

ITEMZ:

Ahh, the Item build, where most newbie Mundos fail epically.
Start with Doran's Shield, and one Health Potion.
Once you get a bit of gold(or die) BP back to base and purchase Mercury's treads and an Spirit Visage if possible.
By the time you purchase your spirit visage you should go around and gank a little bit/farm some more, bluepill and purchase a Stark's Fervor.
The purchase of starks marks the official beginning of the RAPE TRAIN. Starks offers much needed attack speed, armor penetration(!!!!) and lifesteal, which boosts your survivability by ALOT.

By the time you get starks the laning phase should be over, and the team fights should begin. Get lizard buff every time it is convenient, but don't miss out on a crucial fight or pushing a turret just for the buff. By now you should be one of the most dangerous damage dealers on your team, bar Jax or some other even harder carry.

If you are getting focused too much, get an Elixir of Fortitude when convenient, its damage and health boost is very helpful.

Now you should start building your next big item, Infinity Edge. If you need any survivability after that get a Frozen Mallet/Thornmail/Banshees Veil.
The game is usually over by the time I get a Frozen Mallet, But if it persists, pick up a Trinity Force in the order of Zeal>Sheen>Phage OR an Infinity Edge. At ANY point in the game if you need some survivability, pick up a Sunfire Cape or Banshee's Veil.


Build summary:
Dorans+HP Pot
Ninja Tabi/Boots of Swiftness
Spirit Visage
Stark's
Infinity Edge
Frozen Mallet/IE/GA/Banshees

ALTERNATE BUILD: (FOR PROS)

If you are confident in your ability to stay alive(which I'm not :<)

Doran's Sheild and one Health Potion
Mercury's treads
Ninja Tabi/Boots of Swiftness
Last Whisper
The Bloodthirster(or two )


Whatever survivability is needed

I simply don't use bloodthirsters because I can't trust myself to not die and i hate having to farm the **** things...

Skilling Order:
http://www.leaguecraft.com/skiller/D...wrqeqeqerwwrww

Reasoning: Early game you need to focus on Machosim and Infected Cleaver, they are your two main abilities. leveling sadism only increases it's run speed bonus, which is not very important, so save that later along with Burning Agony.

Conclusion:
MUNDO IS NOT A TANK.
MUNDO IS NOT A TANK.
MUNDO IS NOT A TANK.
MUNDO IS NOT A TANK.
MUNDO IS NOT A TANK.
MUNDO IS NOT A TANK.
MUNDO IS NOT A TANK.
MUNDO IS NOT A TANK.
FOR THE LOVE OF JESUS MUNDO IS NOT A TANK, AND WARMOGS IS A HORRIBLE ITEM.

Enjoy mundo as he was meant to be, tough melee DPS.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gun fu panda

Senior Member

06-03-2010

Mundo without zeals? D: I'm sad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pwnacus Maximus

Senior Member

06-03-2010

zeals? If you need crit just get an IE instead of the frozen mallet or right after it, but zeals are unneccesary.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NessOnett

Senior Member

06-03-2010

lol @ DPS Mundo XD. Makes me laugh so much...you get 1 skill slightly better at the cost of all 3 of your others. Lern 2 offtank.

you're entitled to your opinion, but you share a lot with the third reich if you're gonna sit there and tell people they're wrong for thinking differently than you. Mundo can tank, he can tank very well. Just because you can't do it right, don't shut down the whole build.(Also your argument that giants belt > warmogs doesnt work when average tank mundo gets 2 Warmogs, and you don't have inventory space to hold that many belts...gg.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

Senior Member

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
Lern 2 offtank.
Off-Tank isn't a role in this game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pwnacus Maximus

Senior Member

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
lol @ DPS Mundo XD. Makes me laugh so much...you get 1 skill slightly better at the cost of all 3 of your others. Lern 2 offtank.

you're entitled to your opinion, but you share a lot with the third reich if you're gonna sit there and tell people they're wrong for thinking differently than you. Mundo can tank, he can tank very well. Just because you can't do it right, don't shut down the whole build.(Also your argument that giants belt > warmogs doesnt work when average tank mundo gets 2 Warmogs, and you don't have inventory space to hold that many belts...gg.
You think tank mundo is viable, therefore your argument is invalid. l2mundo plox, and gtfo my thread.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NessOnett

Senior Member

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Off-Tank isn't a role in this game.
Tell that to Nasus and Blitzcrank. Nasus doesnt have the initiation to be a main tank, and Blitz doesn't have the survivability for it either.

Or look at any team that has more than one tank. One will inevitably go tankier, and the other will be less so and more damage/support no matter what. A team can only have one main tank.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NessOnett

Senior Member

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnacus Maximus View Post
You think tank mundo is viable, therefore your argument is invalid. l2mundo plox, and gtfo my thread.
my record of positive win/loss and 10:1 K/D says that tank Mundo is viable. And someone who can't stand up to a debate obviously has no argument to back up his claims. Thread fail, ill leave because arguing against a stupid wall is worthless. Look forward to ripping you apart in-game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pwnacus Maximus

Senior Member

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
Tell that to Nasus and Blitzcrank. Nasus doesnt have the initiation to be a main tank, and Blitz doesn't have the survivability for it either.

Or look at any team that has more than one tank. One will inevitably go tankier, and the other will be less so and more damage/support no matter what. A team can only have one main tank.
The point is, mundo is NOT A TANK. he has none of the survivability, cc, or general tankiness of a tank. If you go tank everyone will ignore you, unlike a real tank who actually hurts you enough to give you reason to attack him. Mundo just cleavers you and watches as he feebly pokes you and you rape his team.

People like you are exactly what i was talking about, noobs playing tank mundo.


EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
my record of positive win/loss and 10:1 K/D says that tank Mundo is viable. And someone who can't stand up to a debate obviously has no argument to back up his claims. Thread fail, ill leave because arguing against a stupid wall is worthless. Look forward to ripping you apart in-game.
positive w/l ratios and 10:1 k/ds mean NOTHING. You could have easily been carried by your team and fed kills; that doesn't mean mundo is an effective tank, which he isn't.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

Senior Member

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
Tell that to Nasus and Blitzcrank. Nasus doesnt have the initiation to be a main tank, and Blitz doesn't have the survivability for it either.
You're telling me that a dedicated disabler and an initator/disabler are not tanks.

Huh, I wonder why.


1234511 ... 18