Is anyone else disappointed with Dominion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iron Throne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

I prefer the more deliberate gameplay in Summoner's Rift, where fights are the culmination of minutes of teamwork.
Dominion just seems like a never ending series of 2v2/3v3 skirmishes.
Team composition doesn't really matter, as long as every champion is a good 1v1 fighter.

Morello

Lead Designer

09-21-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Sorry you didn't like it. I think the analysis of balance can't be accurate from your time, but if you didn't find the game fun or engaging, then is it because the experience you're looking for doesn't match up, or the execution doesn't deliver?

Spellsy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

dont you complain about everything?

Smilingengine

09-21-2011

dominion fun, summoners rift better

Kwisatz Haderach

09-21-2011

team fights are way more fun than farming minions so Dominion is basically my favorite parts of SR only

Carninja

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3rg3m3n View Post
I just tried it and....I'm pretty disappointed with it.

I liked the quick startup and the pvp aspect of it but...

The point system felt far from straightforward
Tons of champions are (obviously) OP/UP (earlygame / mobile champs have a huuuuge advantage)
The minion and tower system seemed lackluster.
The buffs, with the exception of the speed buff, seemed....lackluster.

Is it just me? Thoughts? Comments?

Edit: Downvoted for expressing my opinion. Real community. Feel free to disagree, just voice it through your comments, not downvotes. This is a thread meant for discussion. If the thread gets closed, there can be no room for discussion. What are your thoughts on the subject?
I agree 100%

Dont listen to these no badgers

if you look at the majority of people complaining

and the ones that love it

Love it = no badgers

Complain = badgers

Zarthorn

09-21-2011

I find dominion to be everything it was pressed to be, yes there are a few balancing issues (I'm looking at you singed and trynd) but this was beta day 1, things will balance out once it goes live and balance patches come and go.

Nokturnalex

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwisatz Haderach View Post
team fights are way more fun than farming minions so Dominion is basically my favorite parts of SR only
I didn't actually encounter any real teamfights, it was all 2vs2s and 3v3s at most. A full 5v5 never happened. I actually enjoy 5v5 teamfights.

Smoky

09-21-2011

I had fun, this mode is going to be fun. There is a way to come back. Chasing low hp heroes for a kill is the way to lose if that's your strat.

The only thing that seemed lackluster was minions. You could just bye pass them to cap a point which shoulda been contested by other players but in my game, the other team was off chasing low hps for a kill instead of enforcing points.

I played Lux and won.

Nanaya

09-21-2011

I'm not disappointed at all.
The game mode is pretty awesome so far i only played one game but my team was on 46 points and made a comeback against the other which had 400 points and won.

Dominion is fast paced and the tide could change any time, it's just the mode i expected it to be.