[Guide] Suddenly...a WILD UDYR appeared!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Omesh

09-09-2011

After taking some time away and trying out other champs to avoid Udyr burnout, here's what I've found works for me on TT when I'm doing the Udyr dance.

Smite/Flash remains the best Summoner spell combo for Treeline, even if you're not going full-time jungle; being able to control buffs is huge, and being able to steal the Dragon is even huger. That said I do not go with this combo every single time; in fact, more often than not, I stick with Exhaust/Flash simply because of how amazing Exhaust is on Treeline. The virtues of both:

*Smite lets you control the jungle, and therefore control the wealth and the buffs, with incredible ease. Your team will be more likely to control the Dragon buff the entire game and therefore have better income and better XP than the other team, which is invaluable.
*Exhaust provides insane versatility and in effect does more on Treeline than on Rift by making fights where you have it available into 3v2s. It helps secure kills, it disrupts team fights, and it's also powerful for escaping.

Really, go for your preference. Smite will probably give you the most power in the long run, and I think that if you're effectively controlling the jungle you'll enjoy a gold and XP gap that puts you so far ahead of your opponents that you won't need Exhaust to best them when you team fight.

For Runes, I'm still torn. Right now I'm using AD Marks, Dodge Seals, CDR Glyphs, and 2 HP Quints/1 Movement speed Quint. Having the extra HP early game does make a difference, but I'm looking to try out AD Quints too once I have the IP to by them. The Move speed Quint is incredibly useful, and I think just a solid all-around Quint for Treeline where movement speed is very valuable. That said, I like the AD Marks a lot; they've helped me get kills I don't think I would have gotten with ArPen Marks.

My core build looks like this:

Wriggle's, Merc Treads, BF Sword (into either Bloodthirster or Black Cleaver), ???

You want to get a BF Sword as fast as possible. Udyr is all about cowing the enemy by showing them that if you fight, you're going to hurt them much, much more than they can possibly hurt you, and rushing a BF Sword once you've got your Treads and Lantern is the best way to do that. Once you have that trio assembled, it's up to you; Hexdrinker is amazing for Udyr, providing defense and offense on one item.

Start with: Boots, 3 Health Pots, follow up with: Madred's Razors, then start on Mercs and finish Wriggles (and then finish Mercs). Then go for BF Sword. From there, figure it out based on your enemy team's comp.

I start with Q, then go: W, W, Q, E, W. After that, it's W>Q>E>R. , ending with 3 in Bear and 5 in Phoenix. (Sometimes I actually have gone for 5 in Bear, mostly for giggles but also for science. The extra speed can be useful at times.)

That's about where I'm at.

Eledhan

09-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omesh View Post

TT Post
Wow...good thoughts!

I've completely re-done the whole guide (well, re-structured), and I updated the TT section to include some of the concepts you presented here.

I will have to try out your concept to see how I feel, but I think the tanky dps Udyr that I've changed the guide to recommend is the best way to build him regardless of map. Perhaps I am wrong as far as TT is concerned, but you should try out the new build!

It's quite fun!

Eledhan

09-09-2011

Guide Updated
Major changes throughout

TVTaster D3ath

09-20-2011

Thanks this was a great help keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!

Carados

09-20-2011

****ty guide that begins with an objectively incorrect theoretical discussion.

Eledhan

09-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
****ty guide that begins with an objectively incorrect theoretical discussion.
Stupid troll who has nothing better to do than attack everyone who does things differently than him...

Seriously, man...what is wrong with you? It's like you seek out my posts JUST to pick a fight for absolutely no reason whatsoever...

Try some actual critiquing next time.

Otherwise...

GET OUT

Eledhan

09-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknessrising2 View Post
Thanks this was a great help keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!
I'm glad I could be of assistance!

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please post them. I'd love to help, and I love making my guides better where needed.

Carados

09-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eledhan View Post
Stupid troll who has nothing better to do than attack everyone who does things differently than him...
You got the basic theory of the game wrong. You are misleading new players. You're the troll.

Eledhan

09-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
You got the basic theory of the game wrong. You are misleading new players. You're the troll.
ROFL!!!

Misleading new players how? Care to provide specifics?

You know...if you TELL me where I'm wrong, and you are right, I will CHANGE the guide to reflect said error...but NOOOOOO....that's beneath you, isn't it?

/sarcasm

If you care enough to troll me, then perhaps you could provide some information to indicate where I'm wrong...otherwise, you're the troll here. I'm genuinely trying to help people.

Either show me how I'm wrong (I'll even take a list of things, no need to expound), or shut up and get out. Walk the walk, bro...quit talking the talk.

FamousSS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Nice guide.However, I'm terrible with Udyr. Do you just do a quick sweep of the jungle at the start then proceed to lane, until everything respawns?

Edit: Perhaps a video guide is in order?