Champion Sneak Peek: Olaf, the Berserker

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ByronicHero

Web Content Editor

Follow ByronicHero on Twitter

06-02-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

As you may have observed throughout your time in Runeterra, the League of Legends Design Team seeks to promote synergy whenever possible (like a boss). Between champions with guns, champions with cultural ties, and champions under five feet tall, there are a ton of ways that our champions synergize with one another. We felt that the champion, Sion, however, didn't have enough kindred spirits at his disposal. This is an important issue! We're talking about ensuring that an important subculture in the League of Legends gets equal representation! That subculture is, of course: vicious, axe-wielding maniacs.

To bolster the ranks of this often underappreciated demographic, we're pleased to be able to introduce Olaf, the Berserker. And just to make sure he fits the bill exactly, this guy actually has a pair of axes. So strap on the nearest helmet, sharpen your greatsword, and raise an ice cold flagon of mead in honor of Olaf, the latest champion to grace the Field of Justice.

ddaimyo

06-02-2010

scary

Schn

06-02-2010

Do you actually know what "synergy" means, or do you actually mean "themed champions"?

Jazzminkey

06-02-2010

ISOHAPPY

He looks good guys. Looking forward to seeing the skill sets and hoping they are fun and unique like Sion's.

lyrad

06-02-2010

another humanoid? i couldve sworn non-humanoid was next. oh well..

ADCisMyReligion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2010

Finally... Those 3 ninjas made me forget Riot's creativity...

Adamjirra

06-02-2010

Yes my prayers have been answered.

Sparro

06-02-2010

*saveing 6300 ip now* i love it D:!

You know what fuk it ima just buy riot points for the skin back thats sure to come GO YELLOW/RED !

Malzahearty Soup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-02-2010

He needs an oversized shield.

Olaf the Stout ftw!

iNsAyNe

06-02-2010

sweet