Give Players Their Own Color On Mini-Map

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ck64

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2010

And make it a toggle so people won't complain about losing the red/green colors there currently are.

A major annoyance I have with the HUD is the solid colors for each team. I want to be able to quickly identify by color who is and is not present. The icons with the hero faces is all well and good, but, especially for newer players, when you don't know the names of all the heroes yet, it does not help. "The dude with glowing eyes is missing."

Also, take into account people with red/green colorblindness. The game allows for duplicate heroes on opposing teams. Two Teemos on the map and Riot chose red and green of all colors for the two teams. Think of how confusing that must be. If nothing else, at least have an alternative to the red/green with some other color set. I do not think this is an unreasonable request.

Fruitstrike

Software Engineer

06-02-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

The color-blindness is a good point. I'll bring that up tomorrow.

Regarding the icons, I don't think each player needs a separate icon because their picture is right there inside of the icon. You should be able to very easily distinguish them at a glance. If this is not the case for specific characters or situations, please list those out for me.

Hanthrash

06-02-2010

When you constantly have your map fully zoomed out to see the entire map (it's common, trust me) and you're looking at the enemies in a lane that isn't yours with it, they overlap when they are close and you can't see the icon of the person underneath. If icons were smaller, you wouldn't be able to recognise them, but if you assign a distinct colour or number to each enemy champion and allow us to use those, then we could see at a glance if people have swapped lanes without having to move our camera away from our hero unnecessarily.

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitstrike View Post
The color-blindness is a good point. I'll bring that up tomorrow.

Regarding the icons, I don't think each player needs a separate icon because their picture is right there inside of the icon. You should be able to very easily distinguish them at a glance. If this is not the case for specific characters or situations, please list those out for me.
Every teammate should have a different color ping. I hate looking at a ping that was sent by someone on the other side of the map or something and was not directly related to me.

Dehthe

06-04-2010

Instead of red and green can't there be an option for Blue and Purple? Since that is the color of the minions?

I agree with the champions and the pinging. I also think if EVERY ping showed who was pinging... we wouldn't get the idiot that pings an area 100 times.

Katjak

06-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
Every teammate should have a different color ping. I hate looking at a ping that was sent by someone on the other side of the map or something and was not directly related to me.
In addition, differentiating pings should mean that ignoring the player allows you to ignore that persons pings as well.

ck64

08-24-2011

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1142083&page=4

Got time to add this in yet Riot?