No more 1350 IP Champs?

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 34
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jude

06-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zindrix View Post

I guess when it comes down to it, I'm really just going over it in my head about what things are actually worth, if you spend $30 what do you get with that in LoL? A few champions and skins? As opposed to spending $30 on a similar game that includes everything, along with content updates?
In LoL the content updates are free.

korzica

06-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zindrix View Post
So did they make the IP cost high on purpose?
Nah it just happened by accident,slipped through.

Do not be naive my boy!Its a business they run here like any other.Might be a bit more fun that usual depending on your point of view:P Hype hero,charge as much as they think they can get away with and that is that.No one is working just for waffles,cheese cake and chocolate muffins here(although some may claim they do).

They are not planing to make profits just from this game if I understood correctly they have much bigger plans for whole platform thingy(stop me if Im getting too technical here)......

pwntuspilate

06-01-2010

Things that are free:

League of Legends

Things that are NOT free:

Servers and Server Maintenance
The hard work and effort of a lot of people down at Riot Games

It really bothers me when people complain about this game.

Zindrix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2010

This game is free with micro-payments to unlock heroes, boosts, skins, etc. Dota is free. HoN is a flat price with free updates, but everything is unlocked for that flat price. (I might have left out a few other competing games).

So you could spend $30 and maybe unlock 15% of the total content of the game?

Pickles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2010

I thought Garen had more of a WAR space marine appeal than a WoW appeal.

Ipster

06-01-2010

I usually don't post anything here but I think what they should do every once in a while is make a champion cost about 50 cents to $1 in RP (ie. make it really cheap) but make it so that you can only buy that champion via Riot Points. I'm sure that will make people buy that champion a lot more (think about getting 10,000 people pay $1 rather than 1,000 pay $5). Then after about a month or two months make him go back up to 6300 IP or regular 600RP.
Just my 2 cents.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

06-01-2010
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Champion price is ultimately determined by the difficulty of the champion. we make Champions more expensive that will be more difficult for players to learn - the biggest reason why is to put them out of reach for a greater number of players who would not do well with them.

When asking for Champions, people rarely request more "easy" champions, and want champions that are more complex (Anivia for example).

We'll definitely be making more Champions at every IP price point at some point though...

gun fu panda

06-01-2010

Then why is Garen 3150? I thought he was the "Ashe of melee"?

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

06-01-2010
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Then why is Garen 3150? I thought he was the "Ashe of melee"?
Perhaps from a role perspective, not a mechanics perspective

Aeile

06-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Champion price is ultimately determined by the difficulty of the champion. we make Champions more expensive that will be more difficult for players to learn - the biggest reason why is to put them out of reach for a greater number of players who would not do well with them.

When asking for Champions, people rarely request more "easy" champions, and want champions that are more complex (Anivia for example).

We'll definitely be making more Champions at every IP price point at some point though...
Karthus ult herp derp! Just kidding, I love 6300 IP champs, they just give that feeling of awesomeness

12345612 ... 34