Is Nasus viable?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sh0ck And Awe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2011

He is one of the best top 5v5 picks. As soon as you learn him, you literally cant ever do bad.
for example.
situation 1: Nasus Vs Garen. you know you cant beat garen, so you farm from behind waves with your E if he pushes, and farm q every now and then. don't ever engage. you will get a decent amount of farm

situation 2: Nasus Vs Singed. singed does no damage to you due to your tankiness / life steal. feel free to farm Q and enjoy the free win.

this is how every game goes for me as nasus in ranked.

Zelnite

09-17-2011

I used to main nasus

get CDR runes and spam wither with your farmed Q

you'll be hearing hacker on other team however

it's normal

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

09-17-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Yes, Nasus is an extremely powerful champion right now. The competitive scene especially in EU is starting to catch on to this and I believe Hotshot is finally starting to bring him into CLG's tournament games. If you do not shut down Nasus' farm in lane or you happen to let the game simply go on for too long, you're in for a lot of trouble.

ALargeBear

09-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
Yes, Nasus is an extremely powerful champion right now. The competitive scene especially in EU is starting to catch on to this and I believe Hotshot is finally starting to bring him into CLG's tournament games. If you do not shut down Nasus' farm in lane or let the game just simply go on for too long, you're in for a lot of trouble.
This. I believe team Sypher played him in one of the IEM games earlier today, and did incredibly well.

CG Uz

09-17-2011

if you can kite him he is done, if not your done

Nexialist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2011

He's extremely viable. Grab a regrowth pendant and head top. Your HP regen and lifesteal will counteract any harass you receive. Farm up like a boss.

Fubgun

09-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uz Le Legend View Post
if you can kite him he is done, if not your done
hard to kite with 300 movement speed or 300 att speed (sorry ashe)

but it's not that he can instakill carry is that his wither is incredibly strong to

NinetyNineTails

09-17-2011

Nasus is really good in organized play. I find him frustrating to run in solo queue, if not quite bad; he's totally dependant on farming a lane and hoping the game is still winnable at 20 minutes. You can generally assume these things if you're on a team that has a clue. And you can't assume a team with a clue in solo queue.

That said, he's totally viable. He's just got limitations of his own to contend with. In solo queue, I'd be more likely to take Lee Sin or Irelia, or Jungleturne.

nunudannysveiger

09-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belphagor666 View Post
I'd see Irelia or Lee Sin solo top before a Nasus. It's not that Nasus is bad, it's just that he needs a lot of farm before he can do major damage. Plus, he has no gap closer.
You're joking right... 100 cs is 300 damage added to an already scaling Q on a 2 second cool down that works with sheen... 100 cs is not even half ass hard to earn if you solo top

A **** good nasus players is one of the best things you could have on your team in this game atm.

Nuclear Titbit

Recruiter

09-18-2011

Lets take carry vs Nasus. R - W - E and couple of Qs. Carry is dead.