Attack Speed Yi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tC Paulie

06-01-2010

So I've been playing Yi alot. Really like his abilities.

Currently, I'm sitting on about 5,000 IP, so I have some wiggle room here.

My rune book is primarily all Attack Speed. Currently up to 20% attack speed (only level 20 atm). I REALLY love the fast attacks that come with this champion.

My question is as follows: I see alot of people talking about AP Yi builds. Is it really that much better to go with an AP build for Yi? I've been going all crit, attack damage and attack speed.

Generally, I'm at about 1.8 AS before highlander. My damage is at about 280'ish and my crit hovers around 60% or so.

Is this bad? Average? Good. Please be candid.

Thanks.

Sparro

06-01-2010

ap yi is a gimmick..... nothing more =/ your alpah can ****ing two hit people and your meditate is god like.

But its kind of meh.... iv play it a few times and in all honesty its fun but you just dont have that shear rapeing power of towers and champs (if you can get close and not die)

Jikosei

06-01-2010

I wouldn't say it's a gimmick, an AP Yi can soak up damage from all 5 players and still survive.

Sparro

06-01-2010

so can a AD yi as long as meditate is up ..... the only diffence is ap yi will live for .5 sec longer after the meditate is over

tC Paulie

06-01-2010

So an AP Yi is primarily for Meditate?

So, is an attack speed rune book the way to go? I tend to be a min-maxer, so mixing different types never appealed to me.

Should I be going crit chance? Or Armor penetration?

TheGiantYordle

06-01-2010

Ehhhh go stacker with him. Get Leviathan, Soulstealer, Bloodthirster, Occult Blade, Berserker Boots and Infinity Edge... then never die.

Sparro

06-01-2010

lol You dont need attack speed runes on YI xD Hp quints and armor pen a LOT Of it then your choice of dodge or hp over level seals

then just get starks and last whsiper and then stack attack damg and go for the lul xD!

Bilun

06-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tC Paulie View Post

My rune book is primarily all Attack Speed. Currently up to 20% attack speed (only level 20 atm). I REALLY love the fast attacks that come with this champion.

My question is as follows: I see alot of people talking about AP Yi builds. Is it really that much better to go with an AP build for Yi? I've been going all crit, attack damage and attack speed.

Generally, I'm at about 1.8 AS before highlander. My damage is at about 280'ish and my crit hovers around 60% or so.

Thanks.
i think the chief difference between AP and attack damage Yi is that attack damage Yi excels more at 1v1, ganking, and cleaning up survivers after winning a group encounter, where AP Yi is better at group encounters(aoe damage, more time spent in alpha strike means less time getting focused, and meditate gives even more survivability).

Other then that it's just a playstyle thing. Personally I find attack damage boring as all hell, but love AP Yi. That said I'm sure there are others who feel exactly the opposite.

Sparro

06-01-2010

what are Yi's AP ratios?

energybar

06-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tC Paulie View Post

Thanks.
AP Yi is horrid because you can do so much better with AD Yi. "Oh gosh, I can two hit people with my alpha strike"

"I can Insta kill people with my regular attack." You pick the better one.

his is my build:

Beserkers greaves

phantom dancer

bloodthirster

black cleaver

infinity edge

tiamat

If you play right you can afford this every game and will be pwning everything. Still, AP master Yi has his uses.