Rioter abusing power in game?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

exes4eyes

09-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutson View Post
No. You quit ignoring that what I'm talking about is completely relevant. You are arguing that your behavior in this one game is what got you banned. I am arguing that this is not the case - that this is merely the *catalyst* for your ban. If you and your friends were being disruptive, your case could be looked at and judged manually. Even if you did not swear or insult anybody in this game, you could be flagged due to your other remark, about not being able to get banned. Perhaps all players in the game were looked at, just to be sure. And the fact that you haven't played is completely irrelevant and entirely unverifiable. Even more so because you COULD be on the system after only a couple weeks. Perhaps this was the case. Perhaps not. That's all I mean.

And @powda. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reasonable_suspicion
Reasonable suspicion means that if somebody is doing anything that could even potentially be misconstrued as illegal, the authorities have the right to detain them. And that's with law enforcement. Having reasonable force used against you. Suggesting such a thing couldn't or shouldn't happen in an online community by the employees of the company is asinine. If it's used in law enforcement, why shouldn't it be used here? There's a difference between standing outside a bar and seeing someone peering into windows at two in the morning with a wire hanger. Perhaps they aren't doing anything. Perhaps they are. Perhaps the player in question isn't usually an offensive player. Perhaps they are. Checking out the situation would in fact be the duty of the employee.
I've brought this point up before, but these guys can't see that this might, in fact, be the case.

Don't know if you saw our earlier argument, but I know for a fact Yeppp has been in tribunal in the last few weeks, and it's entirely plausible that, as you say, this was the last straw for these guys.

sibby

09-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonOverlord View Post
Well. The Tribunal is more like the Judge.. Jury.. And Executioner.
In some cases it does auto ban but Riot does review certain cases. Originally they said all bans would be done by Riot they would just review the tribunal punishments.

Tamat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Live Services

Follow RiotTamat on Twitter

09-12-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Greetings Yeppp,

It's Riot Games' policy not to discuss disciplinary action taken against users in the forums, but since you've decided to make this public, I'm going to give you the information that you've requested.

As previously mentioned, you played a game this weekend, and there just so happened to be a Rioter present. During the game, you used a non-insignificant amount of profanity in a way that was abusive towards the other players. You were suspended following the games completion because you failed to heed the warnings of the Rioter present. The ban was justified, and after reviewing the logs, I'm surprised you challenged it in such a public place.

Aside from the game, I took the liberty of investigating your account history and over the last 6 months you've been reported nearly 20 times by players for anything from racist comments to abuse with profanity. You're quite simply not following the Summoner's Code.

We're going to give you another chance to improve your behavior, but I've noted on your account that further violations should result in a permanent closure of your account.

Thank you for your understanding. Have fun, and please remember to follow the Summoner's Code.

LuciferDuck

09-12-2011

i could love a pendrakiller post but a Tamat is fine too :3

Cat Job

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2011

In the future, it would be great to just embarrass the guy, honestly. Way better PR than trying to be discreet.

Kydrone

09-12-2011

I'd love to see this as an everyone Tribunal :P so we can see what he typed in chat.

Fr0sk

09-12-2011

man has spoken and has clear evidence...@op stupidity is such a b*tch...

TheRootBear

09-12-2011

Well played. I approve.

Werewolf Link

Recruiter

09-12-2011

Well, there you have it. Let this thread now die.

Skytop

09-12-2011

tamat owns all