Avoid Player Feature.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cronovey

09-09-2011

I would most certainly love this feature. There have been at least a dozen times in the past month or so where I've gone to report someone who was a leaver, went AFK, or was feeding or helping the enemy team in some way and was unable to report them because I had already done so previously! Some of these players I've even encountered multiple times on the same day!

Honestly, I can see the downside and potential reason this isn't implemented; you could block higher ELO players in ranked in an attempt to cheese the system and only get matched up against low ELO players to inflate your ratings, but at least for normal games, something should be done about this. It's ridiculous to get the same feeder in three seperate games in the same day and not be able to report them repeatedly. Trying to talk your opponents into reporting the feeder is uncommon at best, and I generally play with 2 or 3 friends so we can't report successfully after the first game.

I'd hate to hear that these players are getting away with it just because there's no option to report a second time to get them on the Tribunal faster.

GC Nate

09-09-2011

i agree, that's by far the most frustrating thing for me, getting stuck with the same player multiple times, having them break summoner code in each game, and you not being able to do anything about it. you cant report them again and you cant prevent them from ending up in another game with you.

Red is on the boards today. multiple thread have gotten 1-2 replies already today. keeping ym fingers crossed.

GC Nate

09-10-2011

bump.

Enalung

09-10-2011

Ya got my vote, thumbs up!

GC Nate

09-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enalung View Post
Ya got my vote, thumbs up!
thanks for the support.

boourns

UI Designer

09-10-2011
1 of 4 Riot Posts

I'm no platform engineer, but I doubt we'd ever be able to implement this effectively. Having every player have their own list of players to avoid would increase the complexity of matchmaking by a lot. :-S It could also lead to gaming of the system at high levels, as someone mentioned (even in normal solo queue).

The tribunal does catch offenders that get reported and is the most effective way we have right now to catch players who ruin the experience for others. I'll look into why you can't report someone more than once, I didn't expect that to be the case. Perhaps this is a hold-over from pre-tribunal days to avoid overloading player support.

However, I would comment that if, as you say, you're joining a game where you've already reported 3/4 of the players you are probably reporting people for reasons that won't get them banned. Simply being a bad player, or having a bad game will not get you a guilty verdict in the tribunal from my understanding of how people have been voting. Matchmaking will take care of this issue by matching them with similarly skilled players in the future. In fact I would be surprised if there wasn't a mechanism to catch players who report for poor reasons, the same way that trolling votes in tribunal will eventually get your voting privileges revoked.

I'm surprised that you would encounter the same players in a subsequent game, *a lot* of people play the game. Unless you're playing at a very high ELO there should be a large pool of people to match with and repeats of a player should be unlikely. I can't think of one case where I see the same person in a second game. Even after a queue dodge when the same set of people is pushed to the front of the queue I often get a completely different set of people.

Does anyone have any hard evidence of this happening? I'd need something more than anecdotal evidence to convince the platform team.

boourns

UI Designer

09-10-2011
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Also, not sure any other online game has an avoid player feature where they also use skill based matchmaking. If you can provide a concrete example, I'd be interested to hear details about their implementation.

Alex is White

09-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
Also, not sure any other online game has an avoid player feature where they also use skill based matchmaking. If you can provide a concrete example, I'd be interested to hear details about their implementation.
this

Reiver

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
I'm surprised that you would encounter the same players in a subsequent game, *a lot* of people play the game. Unless you're playing at a very high ELO there should be a large pool of people to match with and repeats of a player should be unlikely. I can't think of one case where I see the same person in a second game. Even after a queue dodge when the same set of people is pushed to the front of the queue I often get a completely different set of people.

Does anyone have any hard evidence of this happening? I'd need something more than anecdotal evidence to convince the platform team.
I dunno what my normal elo is, but in normal my (very subjective) analysis is that I get about a 20-30% return rate (either to my team or to the enemy team) after a queue dodge, return players from previous games are rarer

In ranked though almost everyone turns over when there's a dodge, and seeing the same people again if you requeue within about 20 seconds is very common (at ~1350 elo)

0shi

09-10-2011

The 3v3 queue at odd times (I play from Australia, often late at night), even with my rating will return several of the same players in the next game. I've only run into wanting to report someone in two consecutive games once though.