league of legends windows 7 installer crashes at install path

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Call Me Perplex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2011

Hi guys. I'm using windows 7 on a brand new computer... When trying to install LoL I get it downloaded, press "I agree" after the pando media booster message, get through installing pando media booster, and then the patch selection (where I want to install league of legends) flashes up for a half second and disappears instantly without warning. I've restarted and re downloaded several times and I have no idea what to do

Done a lot of searching on this forum and I've yet to find anyone with the same problem

can someone help? I really want to play LoL

Call Me Perplex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2011

Okay looks like someone on the european forums had the same problem and got no help. Apparently he found a mirror of the game client. Anyone know where I can find something like that?

Sigh. I wish it would just work or someone could help

Call Me Perplex

09-08-2011

bump

kitesing

09-09-2011

I've been having the exact same problem. I would love it if the wrenchmen could answer this thread cause I've spent a few hours trying to figure out what was wrong. I'm running Windows 7 home premium and I already have Adobe Air installed. The installer doesn't even get to downloading the program so it's not like you can uninstall and reinstall. I've restarted downloading multiple times and still get stuck after I install PMB.

Help please? I would love to get back onto LoL. haha.

Call Me Perplex

09-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesing View Post
I've been having the exact same problem. I would love it if the wrenchmen could answer this thread cause I've spent a few hours trying to figure out what was wrong. I'm running Windows 7 home premium and I already have Adobe Air installed. The installer doesn't even get to downloading the program so it's not like you can uninstall and reinstall. I've restarted downloading multiple times and still get stuck after I install PMB.

Help please? I would love to get back onto LoL. haha.
yup thats the exact problem I have and with windows 7 home premium as well!

I think we can get it around it by downloading the client from a mirror, but I can't find a reliable one anywhere :|

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

09-09-2011

Can you right click on the .exe and try running it as an administrator?

kitesing

09-09-2011

Yes I've done that but the same problem still happens.

WlCKEDST0RM

09-11-2011

Anyone have any advice for this? im having the same problem

WlCKEDST0RM

09-11-2011

Im having the same problem any advice for this?

hohums

Software Engineer

09-11-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Do you have the latest directX, windows service packs and video drivers installed?