League of Legends is coming to Mac!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

05-27-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Greetings Summoners,

Do you like apples? How about computers? Then it will please you to hear that League of Legends will officially be going Mac. We've recently reached an accord with TransGaming to bring League of Legends to the Cider Portability Engine. That's a super-fancy way of saying we're working with them to help make the game run in Mac OS. Working with TransGaming will allow us to bring our Mac fanatic friends a quality port of League of Legends without derailing our current development timeline for Season One.

With so many Mac users embracing their inner gamer in recent times, we've decided that we want to open the door for you to participate. You'll be pleased to know that the Mac version of League of Legends will feature the same update and release schedule as its PC counterpart, and will, naturally, be available for free on the League of Legends website. So if you're a Mac user who has been losing a ton of sleep over how badly they want to play LoL (or at the very least, you've gotten sick of loading Boot Camp), check back in this summer to pick up your very own Mac OS client. Current League of Legends players going Mac for the first time will be able to keep their current LoL accounts, and all Mac users will be able to mingle freely with their fellow League of Legends players on PC.

If you'd like to take a gander at the official word, you can check out the press release over on the Riot Games website.

DRC89

05-27-2010

nice

DrunkTerran

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2010

Finally! I have been hating having to use bootcamp to play my favorite game!

pehhhr

05-27-2010

Cool beans

DragonGate

05-27-2010

Just amzing keep up the good work

Blaine66

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2010

Interesting. How long did it take to program, and is this why Mal' is not live yet?

Eggtart Chow

05-27-2010

Does this mean LoL may be on the iPad?

Speckie

05-27-2010

Cooooool! I'm sick of Bootcamp. Thanks!

dirtydee

05-27-2010

This is fantastic news! I hate booting windows just to LoL! I literally only use windows for that and nothing else. This news and Valve releasing a native Steam client are a great boon to bring Mac gaming up to date.

GREAT WORK RIOT!

Randuinn

Web Developer

05-27-2010

It's about time. Never rebooting ever again