Release Notes v0.9.25.21

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Nikon

09-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzy View Post
dont like new kayle
I don't think anyone does. I've seen one person playing him and it was a dev.

ZSabre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

09-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRocK View Post
The new patch ruined everything. The new interface (pointers etc. mana showing on the enemy) makes the whole game look bad. Plus the bad sideffect is the framerate is way lower then before. 120 before, 60 now.
One important thing is some champions are way to overpowered like Teemo or Gangplank? Some got worse like Twisted Fate or Warwick. You really have to work on this, or just go back to the old version, because this one was far better.
If you've been reading around you would know that the frame rate has been capped at 60 per second. You really don't need to be playing a MOBA or RTS of any sort @ like 100+ anyways. Besides, it was causing excessive heat problems for people who are trying to run quieter systems or have insufficient cooling.

And whats a beta if they aren't going to change anything? There is no reason why they cannot change it back if a majority of the community is outraged by a change. They have already mentioned pointer size fixes coming and the sizing of the HP/Mana bars. Of course, I don't believe that we should be allowed to see enemy mana bars but I don't think my opinion is going to stop them from keeping it.

Champion imbalances can also be reworked. Perhaps they saw something you didn't or the higher tier groups in LoL are seeing some problems. And do you REALLY want to go back to the days where the forum was flooded with "ZOMG NERF TF PLZ.." threads? Their focus shouldn't be put into competition balances as much as all of the other ESSENTIAL features where this game would be acceptable to someone who buys this game from a retailer.

After all, after it is released... you really can't use the "it's still a beta" excuse anymore. I'd rather them polish all of the basic systems and features then create a perfectly balanced game right now.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

09-22-2009
16 of 18 Riot Posts

Dude, he said TF was too weak.

ZSabre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

09-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skystriker View Post
Dude, he said TF was too weak.
Yes, and I said if he was rebuffed enough then a lot of people will probably go back to whining about nerfs? And sometimes when things are nerfed enough then maybe that champion just takes more skill to play? It isn't always about spamming the skill but sometimes its about timing when you use the skill. But it always requires map awareness. I was one of the few people who used Sivir and won about 80% of my games w/solo queue and team queue. Then she was buffed... back.. to back.. to back. Then I just stopped playing her because people actually started playing her

Edit: also, it seems you really didn't read what I wrote in the previous post. Please go back and read it. I broke it down into simple paragraphs so people can understand it easier.

I guess I need to tone down my english and go into interwebs speak.

ImaBastard

09-22-2009

Speaking of TF, the last TF I played against was seriously bugged. (Either that or there is something seriously wrong with the people working at Riot.)

His "Pick a card" gave his next TWO attacks the golden card buff, not one, like I've pieced together is how it's supposed to be.

Shizz

09-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBastard View Post
Speaking of TF, the last TF I played against was seriously bugged. (Either that or there is something seriously wrong with the people working at Riot.)

His "Pick a card" gave his next TWO attacks the golden card buff, not one, like I've pieced together is how it's supposed to be.
The double and sometimes triple cards is a bug. It has been around and known for awhile. Apparantely it's a difficult bug to fix, because it hasn't been fixed for 2 patches now. (maybe more, not sure)

fagballs

09-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSabre View Post
If you've been reading around you would know that the frame rate has been capped at 60 per second.
Nope.

AccuracyByVolume0331

09-22-2009

Just would like to add a small comment in this lol. Katrina can seriously own mid and late game lol

Sorry just wanted to put something positive on here

ZSabre

Adjudicator

09-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by fagballs View Post
Nope.
We'll they've added VSync and a frame rate cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
League of Legends v0.9.25.21
General:
  • Added Vertical Sync and a frame rate cap
So my number was a little off because its been said to be ~100 capped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
I believe the limit is set a 100FPS.
But it still depends on whether you have VSync on or not and your monitor. But there is a cap.

Next time please elaborate rather than just answering with very little proof or reasoning to it. Especially if it is a denial of some sort.

fagballs

09-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSabre View Post
Blah blah
You're right. There is a cap, and the added VSync is on by default.

VSync limits your fps to your refresh rate, ie refresh rate of 60Hz renders 60 FPS. The cap, which is rather annoying (I'd rather set my own cap anyday), is around 93 FPS, not 60. That's why I just had to say nope.
hehe

Just a tidbit of info.
Cheers!