Riven, The Exile's art style is very similar to Ezreals (Are they related)

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

09-07-2011
3 of 5 Riot Posts

Technically, she's still Noxian aligned but she doesn't believe in the current Noxus city-state and how it acts.

I'm not sure, but I would assume based on her backstory, if she fought for anything, it would be against Demacia (because they are not a meritocracy) and against Zaun (because they kind of kill everyone, regardless of strength.)

These are both against the Noxian creed of those who prove their strength deserve to live - Demacia artificially pins everyone and assigns them roles while Zaun don't really care if anyone "deserves" to live - Only science/progress matters to them.

Tortoos

09-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
To be fair, Master Yi would probably attack her on sight.

She was part of the Noxian/Ionian conflict, after all, and she wasn't exactly on the Ionian side. *cough*

Master Yi lost a lot in that war. :x
This is a serious question. Is master yi like amazingly good in the lore? I always thought jax was "the champ" and the best there is. We keep hearing how good he is, can he possibly hope to measure up to the champ?

Less importantly, if wuju style is so powerful, how did they get facerolled by the noxians so hard?

Xypherous

Systems Designer

09-07-2011
4 of 5 Riot Posts

I've always thought of it this way, though this isn't necessarily 100% canonical. It's just a nice way of thinking about it.

Jax is 'the weaponsmaster', so he's level 100 in all weapon types conceivable. Give Jax a rubber squeaky toy, he'll still kill you with it. (I suspect he cheats by simply empowering whatever he wields with magic, but that's a personal theory of mine.)

Master Yi, though, with his ancestral sword and ancient art of Wuju, is level 110 in swords. He's not a master of every weapon known to man, but give him his sword and he will destroy you. However, as Master Yi's entire village was wiped out in the Noxian/Ionian conflict, it's hard to say what the future of Wuju Style will be.

I believe Master Yi was out fighting in another front when his village was attacked. (To be fair, Zaun also "aided" Noxus out in that war. Swords don't really do much against poison clouds, aka Singed.)

Falco Amadeus

09-07-2011

Quote:
Technically, she's still Noxian aligned but she doesn't believe in the current Noxus city-state and how it acts.

I'm not sure, but I would assume based on her backstory, if she fought for anything, it would be against Demacia (because they are not a meritocracy) and against Zaun (because they kind of kill everyone, regardless of strength.)

These are both against the Noxian creed of those who prove their strength deserve to live - Demacia artificially pins everyone and assigns them roles while Zaun don't really care if anyone "deserves" to live - Only science/progress matters to them.
Alright, well that's cool. Thanks for insight!

Scrubby Yum Yums

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2011

Quote:
However, as Master Yi's entire village was wiped out in the Noxian/Ionian conflict, it's hard to say what the future of Wuju Style will be.
Wouldn't that be Wukong's purpose?

IS16e7c68f67142a

09-07-2011

This thread makes me want to read the lore.

1337 2thaparty

09-07-2011

Just saw the Ez thing, scrolled down to watch the spotlight for nostalgia sake. First off, wow the difference in the spotlights and Phreak killed Jesse Perring, these are obviously staged.

Bitter Batch

09-07-2011

Maybe she'll join Ionia
Man, Ionians for the win <3, screw demacians.

Volimar

09-07-2011

She's kind of short, maybe she could fight with the yordles.

Victor von Doom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-07-2011

omg this thread = why i love Xypherous

1234567 ... 8