Dot DMG stopping captures

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maya Fey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2011

I think dot damage shouldn't stop captures. That's too rare and too strong of a "buff" to give the heroes that have those kind of skills.

Brackhar

Features Designer

09-04-2011
1 of 5 Riot Posts

We've been tuning this a bit to see how we can make this the most fair for people. The solution we have right now says that DoTs will break a channel if they are applied while channeling, but a DoT that was placed on you before you started channeling will not prevent the channel. This was so that long lasting dots like Twitch's passive didn't become really really annoying in the field.

Ashaira

Adjudicator

09-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
We've been tuning this a bit to see how we can make this the most fair for people. The solution we have right now says that DoTs will break a channel if they are applied while channeling, but a DoT that was placed on you before you started channeling will not prevent the channel. This was so that long lasting dots like Twitch's passive didn't become really really annoying in the field.
tough but fair

Ashaira

Adjudicator

09-05-2011

Quote:
one question though. wouldnt that work only for ignite? all other dots in the game also do dmg through aa or initial dmg because of how their apllied. might as well make dots not stop chanelling if thats the case.

Brackhar

Features Designer

09-05-2011
2 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaira View Post
one question though. wouldnt that work only for ignite? all other dots in the game also do dmg through aa or initial dmg because of how their apllied. might as well make dots not stop chanelling if thats the case.
Hmm? I don't understand.

Ashaira

Adjudicator

09-05-2011

Quote:
Hmm? I don't understand.
twitches poisen. he has to autoattack to aplly it thus the aa would stop the channel anyway. teemo the same. mord does initial bust dmg then dot. gp has to parley or aa to aplly poisen.

point is ignite is the only dot that can be apllied without also doing some other sort of dmg that would break channeling anyway

AbsolutionJailor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2011

Quote:
Hmm? I don't understand.
He's forgetting a few DoTs, but I understand what he meant.

Twitch: DoT applied through attack. Attack would break channel, thus the DoT application breaking the channel is redundant.

Talon: DoT applied through next-attack. See above.

Mordekaiser: DoT has upfront damage which would break the channel normally.

Trundle: Same as Mordekaiser.

However, other DoTs like Malzahar's and Swain's do no upfront damage, thus your current solution is needed to ensure the attacking champion doesn't also need to throw in another source of damage to stop the channel.

It seems like the idea is that if you actively try to stop someone from channeling, you will. I like it.

Though if Vile Bolts are as easy to come by as they sound, Twitch will still be an expert point defender.

Ashaira

Adjudicator

09-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutionJailor View Post
He's forgetting a few DoTs, but I understand what he meant.

Twitch: DoT applied through attack. Attack would break channel, thus the DoT application breaking the channel is redundant.

Talon: DoT applied through next-attack. See above.

Mordekaiser: DoT has upfront damage which would break the channel normally.

Trundle: Same as Mordekaiser.

However, other DoTs like Malzahar's and Swain's do no upfront damage, thus your current solution is needed to ensure the attacking champion doesn't also need to throw in another source of damage to stop the channel.

It seems like the idea is that if you actively try to stop someone from channeling, you will. I like it.

Though if Vile Bolts are as easy to come by as they sound, Twitch will still be an expert point defender.
oh right i forgot about malz and swain

Bobomberman

09-05-2011

DoT from dragon stops channeling :/

Ashaira

Adjudicator

09-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobomberman View Post
DoT from dragon stops channeling :/
theres a dragon on dominion O.O