League of Legends on Ubuntu

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rectifyer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

QA Analyst

05-25-2010

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has figured out how to run LoL through Ubuntu. People were having trouble from my understanding and I was wondering if anyone has figured it out. If not is there any Riot confirmation that there will be support for Linux systems in the near future?

-Rectifyer

MrBunny0

05-25-2010

I imagine that LoL can be emulated through Wine, try looking on Ubuntu forums

Rectifyer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

QA Analyst

05-25-2010

From my understand AIR was causing huge problems with WINE

Sparro

05-25-2010

Currently its "sort of palyable" but not to any level that you should EVER que up with that is if u can even get it working.

gyMey

05-25-2010

Says no on the Cedega games database and I don't see it in Crossover's so I'd assume Wine is a no go. I would give it a go on Crossover's but I don't have it installed on my laptop yet and don't feel like hunting for the key.

Is the game's engine in Adobe AIR or just the launcher? I've never looked into what AIR can do or what the game's engine is. If it is all AIR, they may just port it I think AIR has a native Linux runtime.

Rectifyer

QA Analyst

05-25-2010

AIR doesn't run well on Ubuntu. I remember a small group who wanted Riot to change the game from running through AIR. I just hope they consider a native Linux client. This game is the only reason I haven't made the switch 100%

Sparro

05-25-2010

same here the only reason i boot into windows these days is cause of LoL hell i even got pandora's thing to run perfectly under ubuntu and thats 100% adobe air based =/ (had to look up a few things to gix the gui so it didnt look funky >.<)

Rectifyer

QA Analyst

05-25-2010

Interesting. Any help from Riot would be appreciated!

gyMey

05-25-2010

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...sion&iId=19141 There's a link to the WineHQ AppDB, says it sort of runs with adobeair, d3dx9, ie6, and vcrun2005.

Rectifyer

QA Analyst

05-25-2010

Interesting. Basically unplayable for anything other than screwing around. Wouldn't want to queue into matchmaking with it.