What are champions doing when they're not fighting in the League of Legends?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Polybeef

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babagahnoosh View Post
Ryze, in contrast, spends a good chunk of his time at the Institute, honing his magical prowess within the Institute's vast arcane library.
Is this a hint to a Ryze buff?

delfes

05-24-2010

considering he uses forbidden magic and lightning, chances are he barely finds something useful for him every 15 books or so. also, what he finds might be less powerful than his actual spells, so they would be useless to him. in the end, he studies a lot but it's probably completely useless to him except for knowledge about more magic. the best he could get would be a small magic resist because he knows how every spell works.

Ionosnova

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-24-2010

Katarina takes a ballet course.

RitualFamine

05-24-2010

Evelynn spends her time crying in a corner with Tryndamere, wishing someone would pick them seriously and not get dodged.

Vuther

05-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by junja View Post
but if theyre on opposite teams, garen and katarina will still hold a grudge?
No, no, here's what would happen - they would challenge each other, start fighting each other for a bit, then get their blades locked and stare at each other intently for a few seconds.

Then they'd grab each other, and kiss passionately. Like a sitcom.

RiotBabagahnoosh

Creative Designer

Follow babagahnoosh on Twitter

05-24-2010
16 of 25 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverling View Post
Huhm. Babagahnoosh answered a question that's bugged me for some time with that long and interesting story post... Which would be if the Champion actually knew the summoner, or at least met them at one point in time... Heh.

Though I like what you wrote. Should write more. d=
Just to be clear - that's Ezreal's interpretation of the League. He's new, and the story is mainly from his perspective. He's not omniscient... at least as far as the League is concerned.

I'll try and clear that up in future revisions!

RiotBabagahnoosh

Creative Designer

05-24-2010
17 of 25 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by junja View Post
so if theyre on the same team, morgana and kayle would ignore their differences?

but if theyre on opposite teams, garen and katarina will still hold a grudge?
They will ALWAYS hold a grudge, regardless of the circumstances. When they are summoned into a Field of Justice, however, nothing else matters. The battle is everything.

I mean, if it weren't for the League, all of Runeterra would be a smoking pile of magical ruin.

Right?

RiotBabagahnoosh

Creative Designer

05-24-2010
18 of 25 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polybeef View Post
Is this a hint to a Ryze buff?
Not to my knowledge.

Fayd

Adjudicator

05-24-2010

Nice work so far Babagahnoosh! I do wonder though: what are Riot's plans for distributing these story segments when they get written? Hosted on the site? In some section of the client somewhere?

junja

05-24-2010

thanks for explaining