[GUIDE] AP Tristana - A detailed guide on the Unorthodox and (possibly)Overpowered

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

logiebear

04-17-2010

i'll be honest....I have over 150 games played as AP tristana. I played them back in the day (6 months ago) and although it is fun to solo mid and be 3-0 by lvl 6....It really isn't worth wasting the solo. Yeah you will go +10 every game...but if the game lasts more than 30 minutes you are worthless. you won't be able to burst anyone down before you get 2 shot in team fights, and if you even do get the chance to buster...you are killing 1 champion and, assuming the enemy team is grouped (which in most team fights they are) you will just be saving the other champion's lives by bustering them away from the fight. 1 champion down and the other team resets.
On the other hand, 3v3 is going to be really good for AP trist. being able to surprise enemies by hopping over walls or just using rocket jump to chase is perfect for TT.
Oh and by the way... i would like to suggest the way i built, i guess its personal preference but in all my 150+ games I built sheen first. atleast get a mana sapphire off spawns for more harassment. that's 2 or 3 extra rocket jumps before you have to recall, and if you get 2 health pots you are set to stay in the lane for a while. Also, when you do rocket jump, that next shot you take will be doing a lot of your dmg. then reg boots, followed by soulstealer. hit 6, kill the other solo, then farm til buster is up and go get some double kills in other lanes. I will say AP tristana was the most fun champ/build ive ever played...but if I want to actually win a game, i suggest never build AP in 5v5.

EDIT: My summoner spells were always heal/ignite. mainly because in the event that you get harrassed to the point that you are at 25% health, a really tricky thing to do is to lure close to the turret, or at really low levels (3-5) lure to a fresh pack of minions, and when the enemy dives whether it be with flash or volley(ashe solo's alot) you can immediately blow heal, rocket jump+ignite+explosive shot+1 extra shot from sheen and you will kill them. As for luring with a turret when you are lvl 6+, just sit at the turret and wait for the dive, pop heal, rocket jump over them and buster shot them back at the turret...causing the turret to basically kill them.

KrimzonKnight

05-24-2010

Get Lichbane and turn her into a monster.

End game when u're sitting around 400 ap up with ur build and Madjai - Rocket jump, 1 hit, rapid fire, 1 hit, then explosive, 1 hit and ulti 1 hit. If you aim squashy he'd die half way into that combo so rocket jump and then continue from there with whatever spell you have that's not on CD. You can easily wipe 3 heroes rather than 1 in a team fight.

XD

C00LST0RYBR0

05-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonKnight View Post
Get Lichbane and turn her into a monster.

End game when u're sitting around 400 ap up with ur build and Madjai - Rocket jump, 1 hit, rapid fire, 1 hit, then explosive, 1 hit and ulti 1 hit. If you aim squashy he'd die half way into that combo so rocket jump and then continue from there with whatever spell you have that's not on CD. You can easily wipe 3 heroes rather than 1 in a team fight.

XD
This effect has a 3 second cooldown.

Noremac1411

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-24-2010

Big fan of trying new things out, been doing a lot of that lately haha. You've got my +1, can't wait to try it out on twisted treeline! :P

Ebonclaw

05-24-2010

Some time back, a dude was *****ing at all of us during a frustrating loss. I noticed he was running an AP build Trist, and he was just so totally worthless to our team, we hazed him and told him to GTFO.

Next match, I was really in the mood to play Trist, so I grabbed her, and look who is on the opposing team? Mister pro AP Trist.

Now, I will point out three things that I noticed, when the teams were a bit more even. First, he was quite good, he definitely knew what he was doing. BUT, he was a kill jockey. He didn't 'make' kills, he stole them. Most of his kills on someone were made with Rocket Jump, and he needs that to reset his CD. Fair enough. But he was -nothing- without those kills. He needed to slurp up every kill to earn enough gold to be dangerous to us at all.

End result? The rest of his team was starved for gold because 90% of his damage was finishers, so eventually they could no longer set up kills for him, and they crumbled.

That said, early on I ran a hybrid build essentially. I was really stuck on Trinity for both Trist and Yi. I did very well at the time, but that was also really low ELO.

Grimmhammer

07-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarion View Post
This build seems like its begging for a Nashor's Tooth. +Attack Speed, +Ability Power, -CD. Everything you need/want.

Since you switch over to hybrid/physical DPS anyway, wouldn't it make more sense to set it up as you go? Maybe invest in a Rageblade, or something else that benefits both.
I would +10 this if I could....

xrats

07-08-2010

Ap tristana could be only good (maybe) in 3v3s.There is no reason to waste her with ap in 5v5 battles since dmg is more viable option.Also,the fact that you are useless lategame is a big minus.I have never seen any ap tristanas make something good for their teams,even good ones.

Grimhand

07-13-2010

Is there any benefit for AP Tristana from Sorcerer's Shoes, Void Staff and Rylai's? Does the penetration of magic resistance go well with Tristana's abilities?

Mea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2010

Ah, I absolutely love this guide. I tried it out and I must say AP Tristana is amazing and fun to play as! I got my first legendary streak from playing her and stopped dying so many times. :3 +1

roflcopter77

Banned

07-24-2010

You said to sell soulstealer first, but i think it would be better to sell it last or even keep it because if its maxed out, it gives you a nice 180 AP, which is pretty good. Not to mention it only sells for about 500 gold.