Taric.. good tank?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kenshizzle

09-21-2009

so ive been messing around with the taric.. trying to find a good set-up for tanking... anyone got some ideas possibly?

So im trying to figure out.. if i should stack... ability power.. health or armor... i just don't know... considering the taric has some decent heals.

Malystryx

09-21-2009

I suppose Taric could make somewhat of a viable Tank. But overall, I would prefer him to be Support. Those heals are so good. And I am also experimenting with him. He is quite a unique champion.

Aknar

09-21-2009

I only played him a few (3-4 games) games but I always build him physical dmg for mana restoration and some killing power,and AP for some power for his skills

Thadious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2009

I like Taric as a support/ secondary tank class. His heals are already pretty powerful on their own, so here's what I usually do.

Sheen
AP boots
Sunfire Cape

After that I switch my items up depending on what my team needs. If we need more heals then I get more AP and mana. If the primary tank needs help then I will get some more health.

Versatility is what makes Taric such an awesome character!

Shillen

09-21-2009

You almost can't go wrong with Taric's items. I would probably go philosopher's stone / berserker's boots / warmogs / nashor's tooth / guardian angel / trinity force.

Anfhann

Adjudicator

09-21-2009

Yeah, you can't go wrong with items for Taric. Just remember to keep attacking to get the heal cooldown!

I usually go chalice / sorc boots / banshee's / guardian / soul shroud / whatever. If the game keeps going I start selling the cheaper items and building the fancy stuff!

Endnuen

09-21-2009

AP and Attack. HE can sustain himself with the heal, and his stun gets 1:1 AP bonus. Making it a quite good dammage spell too.

Hmmer94

09-21-2009

I love using him as a powerful lane pusher, his damage is really insane vs turrets.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

09-21-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I think you can be successful building him a lot of ways. I prefer dps builds.

eddysamson

09-21-2009

Just watched a level 12ish Taric tank 4 members of my team for a LONG time, kind of ridiculous, any other tank wouldn't have survived, but he survived with just basic items and healing himself...it was an even game, we ended up winning, so its not like we were underleveld/itemed

I dont know it just seemed ridiculous at the time, but you had to see it happen to understand.