FireWall AGAIN!

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 20
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaedong

09-18-2009

So I downloaded LOL. Ran smooth for a couple weeks. Then a new patch came out... said "Unable to connect, could be a firewall up blah blah blah"... So then I uninstalled, reinstalled and when it came back up it's the same issue. I'm not running on a router, I turned off my firewalls and yet the same problem occurs...

I looked on the other Firewall threads and havn't seen an offical from LOL respond to any of this. Please can I get an offical answer through the Admins for LOL about this or anyone else who fix this problem?

Snuffleupagus

09-18-2009

upon logging into my account its claiming my game is still in progress, yet i didnt leave a game and when trying to reconnect to the game it trys to load and then says that my firewall may be preventing me before crashing....i feel your pain

Jaedong

09-18-2009

Here is what the message actually says: "Unable to connect to the server. If you have a firewall, it may be blocking the connection. Please refer to your firewall's documentation. Would you like to retry the connection?" Im baffled. Nothing is up and still says the same message.

silverwings

09-18-2009

I have the same problem... hope someone can help us soon...

Jaedong

09-20-2009

Yet after a day no admin has check in or atleast say they can't help. WTF? Little pissed off

buuren

09-20-2009

Yeah admins dont speak about this problem and its too bad. I think that admins keep away from this problem purposely cause they dont know what do with it. Lots of ppl have the same problem.

Kurchak

09-20-2009

Seems the LoL support team is completely trampled on this one. Cause i also have this dumb Error

ismokedatPIFFwutwut

Banned

09-20-2009

just dl/ed the game to play with my friends and havent been able to do anything because of this problem.

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

09-21-2009
1 of 2 Riot Posts

When players join games that don't start correctly they are sometimes forced into the leaver buster system on accident. When trying to connect to the "ghost" game they may receive a general firewall error instead of a more descriptive one. After 2 hours the loop should end and players should be able to join another game.

The firewall on login, I believe, is a different issue. It sounds like most of you have tried the obvious solutions so I reported the issue and hopefully we'll get a patch to fix it or at least a solution I can pass along to you guys.

BB-260

Evestress

10-15-2009

Jess Perring, yeah its been more than 2 hours, im still getting the same firewall error. This is bull****.

1234511 ... 20