Basic Support for Custom Recommended Items

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akai Tsuki

08-31-2011

-sigh-

Why isn't this posted on the EU forums? So far Riot's stance to try to post on EU more.

Overproof

08-31-2011

What about item 2046? :P

Brackhar

Features Designer

08-31-2011
9 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai Tsuki View Post
-sigh-

Why isn't this posted on the EU forums? So far Riot's stance to try to post on EU more.
Fair point. I'll go post this over there now.

Fieryboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2011

Thanks for all the comments guys. I was worried that it wouldn't work for some odd reason, but I'm glad to hear it works.

I noticed some of the spelling errors, yeah, the way I got the IDs was from the giant list someone (i'm sorry I forgot your name =( ) posted on a previous page of thsi thread. What I plan to do is hopefully make the interface prettier, and allow searching for items (hopefully).

Still, glad to hear it works!

Sk1n J0b

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2011

Here's a site that will compile the list for you.
http://www.pleasedontbanme.com/recommended/

Wriggle

Adjudicator

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sKiZzLeZ View Post
Thanks for all the comments guys. I was worried that it wouldn't work for some odd reason, but I'm glad to hear it works.

I noticed some of the spelling errors, yeah, the way I got the IDs was from the giant list someone (i'm sorry I forgot your name =( ) posted on a previous page of thsi thread. What I plan to do is hopefully make the interface prettier, and allow searching for items (hopefully).
Ripped from the game files, though there's a bit here that's not in the game: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52453/league/itemList.txt

Arc Tech

08-31-2011

This works great except when you buy a consumable item (hp pot/ ward) it disappears, despite the fact you'll probably want to buy many.

Also, do we have to make both, or can we just make one or the other?

BigShowWingo

08-31-2011

What happens on the next release? Is the entire version folder wiped? Should we keep backups?

Mavrik V

08-31-2011

Yeah that was my question, originally it was posted that the custom files/folders would indeed stay and not be overwritten. However, given that part of the filepath includes the patch#, that means you would need to copy/paste the folder directory into each new patch's directory, correct?

Wriggle

Adjudicator

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Logan View Post
Yeah that was my question, originally it was posted that the custom files/folders would indeed stay and not be overwritten. However, given that part of the filepath includes the patch#, that means you would need to copy/paste the folder directory into each new patch's directory, correct?
It copies things in the /deploy/ folder over to the new directory when a patch occurs - otherwise, your /deploy/data/cfg [in-game configuration] would be wiped every patch.