Dominion is free.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RealMithron

08-31-2011

Just to make sure that everyone knows this, Dominion will be 100% free forever starting at launch. I saw a post saying it wasn't going to be, but I want to reassure everyone that it is.

I'll update this post with a video proving it as soon as I get back from class.

Video, Rivington states Dominion is absolutely free at 0:03:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AskcduM7ezc

Brackhar

Features Designer

08-31-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Yeap, it's free.

LowPolyCount

Associate Flash Engineer

08-31-2011
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Dominion's a Peacock. We had to set it free!

David12596

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMithron View Post
Just to make sure that everyone knows this, Dominion will be 100% free forever starting at launch. I saw a post saying it wasn't going to be, but I want to reassure everyone that it is.

I'll update this post with a video proving it as soon as I get back from class.
I don't understand why anyone would think Riot would charge for a game mode. I mean did they charge us for Co-op vs AI!?!?! i don't think so.

The second thing i don't understand are all the comment saying its a lie, its not coming, etc. Yes, any company would put months if not years into a project just to wake up one day and say..."i don't feel like working on it anymore." LOL

DongToTheKnees

08-31-2011

lol

Semantic Memory

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by David12596 View Post
I don't understand why anyone would think Riot would charge for a game mode. I mean did they charge us for Co-op vs AI!?!?! i don't think so.

The second thing i don't understand are all the comment saying its a lie, its not coming, etc. Yes, any company would put months if not years into a project just to wake up one day and say..."i don't feel like working on it anymore." LOL
*cough Magma Chamber cough*

David12596

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantic Memory View Post
*cough Magma Chamber cough*
we don't even know if they had a map for it in development with the creeps, towers, etc. All we saw where concepts and art work. No in-game screen shoots. Also just because they did not continue to work on Magma Chamber, does not mean they have dropped it forever.

I mean, if i had a choice to make another 5v5 tower base map or a new game mode that involves capturing objectives and more face past, i would pick the new game mode without a doubt.

Dance Dark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2011

The plan with Dominion:

"Oh wow, X champion that I'd never use on Summoner's Rift has a really good/unique role and playstyle in Dominion! But then I also want Y champion for SR, and I can't spend IP on both... I know, I'll get RP! Y runes aren't really used in SR, but they're really good in Dominion! I need to use my IP on that too, so I have less for champions, and I may need to get an IP boost to buy the runes fast enough. Wow, X champion I played with on Dominion is really fun, and I have a different perspective on him now compared to what I thought of him on SR! Since I love them so much, I'll buy a skin for him, too!"

Note: not hating on Riot.

David12596

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance Dark View Post
The plan with Dominion:

"Oh wow, X champion that I'd never use on Summoner's Rift has a really good/unique role and playstyle in Dominion! But then I also want this champion for SR, and I can't spend IP on both... I know, I'll get RP! Y runes aren't really used in SR, but they're really good in Dominion! I need to use my IP on that too, so I have less for champions, and I may need to get an IP boost to buy the runes fast enough. Wow, X champion I played with on Dominion is really fun, and I have a different perspective on him now compared to what I thought of him on SR! Since I love them so much, I'll buy a skin for him, too!"

Note: not hating on Riot.
Any champion you have can be used for Dominion, SR, or TT. You don't have to purchase a champion multiple times to play them in a different game mode. I can't see runes being a problem.

Dom00

08-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by David12596 View Post
Any champion you have can be used for Dominion, SR, or TT. You don't have to purchase a champion multiple times to play them in a different game mode. I can't see runes being a problem.
Think you misread his point