Promote, How good is it?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amythist

08-30-2011

just curious as to how much of an improvment a promoted minion is over a non promoted, I didn't start playing until the spell was taken out of the game,

is it like a SR super minion vs normal minion level transformation or something weaker (stat wise)?

and how much faster does a promoted minion capture a point than a normal one?

Sykes19

08-30-2011

They become as big as a champion, one-shot every other creep, and have 15,000 health.

BrotherCaine

08-30-2011

Is there a exclusive cooldown in play? To stop all five champs popping it at once. I mean if one person on your side pops it maybe it should cooldown other people's Promote for 20 seconds.

It was removed initally because of mid pushes with five simulanious promotes.

FireOmen

08-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Promote only works on the melee minions in the waves on Crystal Scar, and there is only one melee minion per wave.
Brackhar said this about Promote in another thread. I think that this will help the issue of all five teammates using Promote at the same time.

Here is the link: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...0#post13701690

Also, I don't know much about the stats, but from watching the Dominion Stream it looks as though the Promoted Minions can take a real beating before they die. In my opinion I would say that they are similar to a Super Minion.

Nintendude92

08-30-2011

I heard a rioter on a youtube vid say it's just a smidge weaker than an inhib minion.. was on the cynical brit's first gameplay vid of dominion

Brackhar

Features Designer

08-30-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendude92 View Post
I heard a rioter on a youtube vid say it's just a smidge weaker than an inhib minion.. was on the cynical brit's first gameplay vid of dominion
It's comparable. More damage, less health, more armor/mr.

Marcian Tobay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
It's comparable. More damage, less health, more armor/mr.
So the core point of it, then, would be that it distracts one of the enemy Champions to go pay attention to it. It's essentially a card you play when you want the enemy team playing 1 Champ short for a team fight or the like.

funami

08-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcian Tobay View Post
So the core point of it, then, would be that it distracts one of the enemy Champions to go pay attention to it. It's essentially a card you play when you want the enemy team playing 1 Champ short for a team fight or the like.
sounds good to me.

Marcian Tobay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2011

People are upvoting my interpretation of game strategy. When you look at my match history, you will know that this is the closest I will ever get to being "good".

Kefkacorn

08-30-2011

when minions are capturing a point, is there a specific one that does it? and can we promote him while hes doing it?