My Dominion Experience: PAX Sunday

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Udub

08-29-2011

I stood in line for two hours. Phreak and Volibar were being bosses. The costume contest was looming.

I finally got into a game at about 1:40. On my team, I had a Battlestar Cho'Gath group of 4 who altogether was running Nocturne, Veigar, Cho'Gath, and Urgot. Their composition was a little odd but nevertheless I was bound and determined to play Jax with the PAX Jax skin as it was most likely going to be the only time I ever got the chance to play it.

I got into the game and was running Dyrus Jax with a Pickaxe and Boots. We immediately captured three points and held three until we had the enemy at ~280ish points to our 400. Things then changed dramatically.

While our Veigar had her keybindings wrong and we were desperately trying to change back the momentum, Purple team was swiftly diminishing our lead.

Sure enough, we were tied at 200 something apiece.

I was aghast. I had no idea we could lose a lead so quickly. Dominion was beginning to prove to be a very fast paced game. No matter the kills, deaths, or even amount of points captured, we could not counter their onslaught.

Until I decided to win...

The score was 30 something (us) to 150 something (them). I decided I was not going to lose. It was about this point I had Ninja Tabi, Hextech Gunblade, Guinsoo's Rageblade, and Atma's Impaler. I proceeded to capture 3 points and go Unstoppable as we decimated Purple Team. Edit: I wish I could remember more details but in the heat of the moment, it was near impossible. I will say, whoever was playing Jarvan/Udyr, me facing both of you was pretty epic, as well as my flash Q+E on Jarvan at the Windmill.

We wound up winning with a final score of 1-0. It was the most intense match in any video game I have ever played.

I could not believe it at first. I had Rioters, players in line, on my team, the enemy team, and people spectating high-fiving me and giving me handshakes. It was surreal.

I then thought, "I have to play 'Spin to Win'!" Surely, after my 20-9-7, 2k score game as PAX Jax would give the Spinning gods the motivation to grant me a PAX Jax skin.

Alas, I was bookended by two. The guy behind me told me he'd give me one if his kids won him an extra. He was one tick on the wheel away from netting me a PAX Jax skin.

Despite me not getting my skin, Riot secured me as a loyal and dedicated fan. I am absolutely in love with Dominion. I cannot wait. The fast paced action as well as the various strategies available are extraordinary.

If there's anything I'm taking away from this weekend, it's this: I'm going to play the hell out of Dominion.

BeQuickOrBeDead

08-29-2011

Lucky ******.. lol

band of brewskis

08-30-2011

good ****

Noodles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-30-2011

I was the Cho'Gath lol. I would have had my 2nd Battlestar of PAX but you took Storm Shield at the end but regardless it was the most epic game ever

JesterCapp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Technical Artist

08-30-2011
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Dude, I think I was running the wheel at the time. In any case, we Rioters are reasonable humans. That game was boss. I'm going to see what I can do to get you that skin.

Cheers, and thanks for coming out to PAX and generally being awesome!

Udub

08-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterCapp View Post
Dude, I think I was running the wheel at the time. In any case, we Rioters are reasonable humans. That game was boss. I'm going to see what I can do to get you that skin.

Awesome man!

But yeah, it was definitely a great end to a fantastic weekend. Rioters really ARE as awesome as we say they are.

Udub

08-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles720 View Post
I was the Cho'Gath lol. I would have had my 2nd Battlestar of PAX but you took Storm Shield at the end but regardless it was the most epic game ever
Yeah, sorry I was looking for you but I wanted the victory more than Battlestar. Add me and we should go for a Battlestar comp when Dominion is released!

Noodles

Recruiter

08-30-2011

Lol it's all good im glad we won

EddyEduardo

08-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterCapp View Post

This is why I like Riot

Arecanderu

08-30-2011

great, it took me 2 weeks to get the Dominion's hype down to at least being to sleep, now thanks to you it's all up to 100% again, THANKS... xDD!!
troll off--
wow, that game sounds epic, I can't wait for being able to play it and start the extreeeeeeme pwning =P!!!