Dominon, Pax, and Riot

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aerodynamic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2011

I just got back from Seattle Washington. It feels good to be back in California. But the feeling is bitter sweet.

Pax was the best 3 days of this year by far, and was my favorite con to date. I not only got to see Acquisitions Incorporated live starring Jerry, Gabe, Scott, Wil and my favorite DM of all time, Chris Perkins, I also got to meet a ton of Rioters. I've been lurking these forums some time now, so seeing the Reds in person just made my League of Legends experience that much better. I tried to fist bump as many Rioters as possible, so much so that I think a few of them thought I meant to hit them at first. (Sorry about that :P) I would like to thank all of the Riot staff for making that convention the best convention I have ever experienced, including the ones that couldn't make it.

Well this is the Dominion section, so I'll give my thoughts on Dominion. Simply amazing. It will be my new Summoners Rift. There was non stop action. Sure there will be balance issue at first, but dominion seemed very fair at first glance. Tanky Dps were the best team fighters, but having a champ with tons of speed is invaluable. Even when a team is dominating, there are tactics to spread them thin, while trying to catch someone off guard to force a 5v4 or 4v3 team fight scenario. The great thing about Dominion, is that skill level is shown more compared to champion's level of power. Map awareness will make or break your ability to play Dominion well. You have crucial decision to make each second, whether is be to defend, capture, team fight or grab buffs. You can't make these decisions unless you are actually paying attention to all the action, which was pretty difficult with all the short skirmishes. (I have a feeling the people who main junglers, or Shen will have a huge advantage at first due to this.) I really like the fact that this mode allows for great comebacks, that don't drag on for over an hour. It also allows for ridiculously close call victories. One match I witnessed had the winning team with just 2 hp left on their nexus. I was at the edge of my seat, and I had nothing invested in this match. Now that is just awesome.

I got play twice, so I feel very fortunate for that. There is nothing better than having a game commentated by Morello and Phreak. By the way Morello, you are very elusive, and escaped my fist bump *shakes fist* I got to play Black Alistar and Snow Bunny Nidalee. The 2 skins I've always craved, but missed the wagon for. I felt that allowing us the chance to play these exclusive skins was probably the cherry on the Sunday. I was happy enough just being around the electricity that was flowing at that exhibit.

Thank you to all the Rioters that made Pax amazing, and a special thank you to all the Rioters that talked to me and my buddy. I hope to see you again in 1 years time.

Brackhar

Features Designer

08-29-2011
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Hey man, thank you for coming and making events like this so much fun for everyone here at Riot. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed Dominion as much as you did and were even willing to wait in the line twice to do so; that was no small time investment. I'll definitely be coming back to PAX next year, even if not for work reasons.

cIedus

08-29-2011

Thanks for telling us about it. I was hoping some people who were able to play Dominion would tell us about it

Twixiee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2011

=o it sounds so awesome....
RIOT!! make a day where you send everyone down to Australia, yah? :3

EDIT: mate

Sam 3010

08-29-2011

bump

LowPolyCount

Associate Flash Engineer

08-29-2011
2 of 4 Riot Posts

The wait to play Dominion was long, so I'm glad you felt that it was worth it!

I've been to several PAXs before, but this was my first time as part of Riot. We're fortunate enough to have fans that care enough to want to come out and meet us. Some of comments people told me were incredibly humbling.

Myrkr

08-30-2011

The Riot booth at PAX was the best I think, more Cosplay characters, morello with the MIC answering questions, tons of reds handing out merchandise and talking with players (lowpoly, you had the red/blue hair going on right?)

anyway, Dominion was pretty sweet and well worth the wait. I cant wait until it comes out and great job so far guys.

LowPolyCount

Associate Flash Engineer

08-30-2011
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkr View Post
(lowpoly, you had the red/blue hair going on right?)
Indeed!

Quote:
anyway, Dominion was pretty sweet and well worth the wait. I cant wait until it comes out and great job so far guys.
Thanks!

Aerodynamic

08-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twixiee View Post
=o it sounds so awesome....
RIOT!! make a day where you send everyone down to Australia, yah? :3

EDIT: mate
I hope they make it happen. Everyone should have a chance to see their favorite developers. It gave me a new found appreciation for this game.

Got to love these reds. Nothing but smiles.

TeamDeadlift

Technical Art Lead

08-31-2011
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
I'll definitely be coming back to PAX next year, even if not for work reasons.
^^ This. As Brackhar warned us all after Gamescom, I was not ready for PAX! The response from the community was AMAZING, totally made the experience for me. Hope to see everyone again next year.