Feature request: Mono sound

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IICrowII

08-21-2011

I have unilateral hearing loss (i.e. my left ear doesn't work) so I didn't realize until I recently started using headphones that LoL's sound is directional; sound from the left speaker and the right is all the same to me. But with the headphones on, I can only actually hear 1/2 of the sounds the game makes, and I'm, audio-confirmation wise, blind to stuff that happens on one half of the screen.

Kind of like in real life, I guess, but it's awfully inconvenient in terms of gameplay.

I would like it if you could turn off the stereo nature of LoL's sound effects, so that all sounds are equally loud on both speakers.

DayDreamAllDay

08-22-2011

yes i would like this too

Hugok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2011

Bump

ZigZagJoe

08-27-2011

Agreed. The directional audio in LoL is absurdly poor - if the viewpoint is one pixel over from the sound orgin, it's played through that speaker only. Reducing the volume based on distance is all that the game needs.

Accursed Centaur

09-11-2011

I just came here to request the same thing (mono sound) for the same reason (hearing loss). I've tried the whole configuring-mono-through-windows thing, but it doesn't seem to work. Also gave mono headphones a shot (bought these online), but that didn't do the trick either.

Implementing a mono feature would be a huge service to your gimp-eared players, Riot!

IICrowII

11-03-2011

Bump. Started playing with headphones more recently and it's hindering my gameplay.

Goguma XO

11-25-2011

Can we please have this option?

2seasons

02-25-2012

i actualy would like the same thing but for me its when i play without headphones the problem

African Milkman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2012

Bumping dead thread because I really need this. My headset has one headphone. It's like the ones from a call center.

Xeare

08-18-2013

up please