New Renovations to the Friend Referral Program!

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 27
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ByronicHero

Web Content Editor

Follow ByronicHero on Twitter

05-20-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Since we launched refer-a-friend back in January, there has been a veritable army of summoners out there spreading the word about the League of Legends. We're pleased to say that the program has been doing great, and a lot of summoners have answered the call. We're so pleased, in fact, that we want to make the program even more enticing. With this in mind, and, of course, in the spirit of sharing, we will be adding a reward tier to our refer-a-friend program.

In the near future, all those summoners who have had at least one referral reach summoner level 10 will receive an additional reward. Now, if you've already got one (or more than one) referral who has reached this milestone, don’t worry, we’ll be retroactively rewarding everyone.

Additionally, we thought it might be fun to challenge all of you to don the mantle of a socialite over the next few weeks. And so, in the interest of encouraging everyone to be friendly, we have decided to hold a sweepstakes. If you refer at least one player who reaches summoner level 10 between now and June 20th, you could be one of ten players to take home a prize package of 2800 Riot Points. For the official contest rules, click here.

So, let’s kick off this contest right! Tell your friends, family, acquaintances, friend’s friends, family’s family, and acquaintances’ acquaintances, to come try out League of Legends! You’ve got nothing to lose but a lonely heart!

Spikey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2010

Why must you live in the United States to enter?

gives me a lot less incentive to invite friends, being an Aussie.

OTG RagingTurnip

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-20-2010

Why limit it to just the US? What about Canada, too? And other countries? This is really unfair. =/

azhag1

05-20-2010

Yea I live in Qc, Canada, just next to you, why can't I participate ?

GauisBaltar

05-20-2010

Chances are, Riot doesn't do this just to be arbitrary and mean. There is probably too much red tape to make international prizes feasible. So blame your governments instead of Riot.

Zalvor

05-20-2010

Nice, I got a friend to join but the site hasn't updated his lvl yet.

Btw anyone know when Malzahar will be out?

castaway523

05-20-2010

I always have wondered how instrumental "refer a friend" has been in helping league of legends grow. If possible, could Riot supply the number of players who have been referred and have reached level 20? I like to know how successful programs like this are.

Yogtheterrible

05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Lurker View Post
Why limit it to just the US? What about Canada, too? And other countries? This is really unfair. =/
Either there are too many rules in your country or it would cost riot to much to expand it to other countries.

HyakiSin

05-20-2010

hey i am from India , and i got like 6 summoners with me =D!!

but why i cant participate : ( ?

Jost

05-20-2010

US only for legal reasons.

1234511 ... 27