[Guide] Kassadin, The Guardian Of The Rift (AP DPS build) -SmecssRaege-

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmecssRaege

Senior Member

09-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyr Saint View Post
I've been thinking of playing Kassadin for a while now. I've been enjoying Twitch for most of my recent playing, and I just feel like moving on. Right as I'm contemplating trying out Kassadin, this guide pops up.

I just have a few pointers for this guide though, which are purely stylistic. In the beginning you talk about the various runepages you have and your playstyle with other heroes. This isn't necessary to furthering the guide. It's also somewhat ironic that you have us scurrying to our Summoner Profiles to examine Kassadin's skills for the purpose of saving space, while bogging up your guide with irrelevant information about runepages and summoner spells you use on other heroes.

Oh, and first.
After considering your opinion closely, i have decided to go with a much more streamlined header, thank you for the (kind of advice?... creative inspiration?) either way, call it what you will, thank you for the idea of chopping it down :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krald

Senior Member

09-19-2009

i honestly don't know if some of these people posting have even played kassadin, or played him well. He is intended to be a squishy glass clannon! Mind games with Riftwalk>all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kwazi

Member

09-19-2009

i hate playing him as a glass cannon
i prefer to initiate with him, teleport out, and clean up after/chase if necessary
i also have enough staying power to drain a lot of mana and i melee just as much as i cast spells, teleporting out when necessary
when people start focusing on me 1 teleport usually gets me out quickly

tldr tanky teleporting kassadin that also does respectable amount of burst damage (via teleports and pulse)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmecssRaege

Senior Member

09-19-2009

Quote:
i honestly don't know if some of these people posting have even played kassadin, or played him well. He is intended to be a squishy glass clannon! Mind games with Riftwalk>all.
That's only one perspective on an extreley diverse hero, pinning any one hero into one defined role or build isn't what we should be doing, as there is no creativity or room to expand if it "can only be one way!" sort of attitude :P

Quote:
i hate playing him as a glass cannon
i prefer to initiate with him, teleport out, and clean up after/chase if necessary
i also have enough staying power to drain a lot of mana and i melee just as much as i cast spells, teleporting out when necessary
when people start focusing on me 1 teleport usually gets me out quickly

tldr tanky teleporting kassadin that also does respectable amount of burst damage (via teleports and pulse)
And this is a perfectly acceptable build as well.

I have put an alternate build that involves getting a much higher HP cap earlier in the game.... and would have you sitting on >3k HP with no hp runes for people like you who would prefer to sacrifice some of the raw damage for more survivability :-)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Siky

Senior Member

09-19-2009

I agree with SmecssRaege in that being a Guides & Strategy section, if this build works for his play style and he's willing to post a guide to it for others to use, people shouldn't hate on it. If you want more health than go for it. I don't see Kass as a tank, it doesn't make sense for him to be built as one since he has basically 1 nuke and that's his Force Pulse. I also don't like chasing people halfway across a map to kill them as I currently do with Kass after grabbing a Frozen Heart 3rd or 4th after a Tear and Soulstealer. I agree surviving is great, but at level 18 with some clever moving and teleporting you can get away from people quite easily. He has a teleport so might as well use it.

I will try out this build later, but it seems like it would be something that would suit me. I'd rather like sacrificing survivability by just being cautious. I tend to go with Teleport/Clairvoyance as summoner skills when playing Kass as to know what's going on around me so I don't go getting ganked. The extra couple hundred of HP from a Frozen Heart doesn't really matter to me honestly as late game, if you get stunned once with against more than one decent champ, you're probably going to die regardless. Kassadin is more or less meant to initiate confrontations, not react to them. If you're just reacting, you're probably dying a lot and usually I attribute dying with Kassadin more of just being careless or stupid rather than a skilled player beating you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmecssRaege

Senior Member

09-19-2009

Upping my guides~

I will be gone for a couple days so any questions or comments will have a slightly delayed response, but i will respond as soon as im back


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dev Remming

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-19-2009

I just tried this build out for 3 games and I must say I like it, In the first two games I went highest kills and in the 2nd I went third, Only Miranda and that veigar beat me, Luckily Miranda was on my side.

And I will agree He doesn't need alot of survivability, I mean I can safely stay had it not been for the veigar's stun + nenu slow ball Combo I would have died much less (ended the game with about 10 deaths and 15 kills) I mean all you need in cleanse and as long as your not going up against a combo you can get out of most things easily with cleanse and rift.

I can say I perfer this build to crit/atk speed build.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karandor

Adjudicator

09-20-2009

with trinity and guinsoo you can play hybrid build that does incredibly well.


IMO there are 3 really good ways to play kassadin now. Pure AP (like this guide), Tanky (frozen mallet + wit's end + nether blade is extremely effective) or now hybrid with trinity and guinsoos rageblade.

Pure attack damage and attack speed is pretty bad since you have no burst damage and no survivability. Tank + attack speed is much, much better.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmecssRaege

Senior Member

09-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev Remming View Post
I just tried this build out for 3 games and I must say I like it, In the first two games I went highest kills and in the 2nd I went third, Only Miranda and that veigar beat me, Luckily Miranda was on my side.

And I will agree He doesn't need alot of survivability, I mean I can safely stay had it not been for the veigar's stun + nenu slow ball Combo I would have died much less (ended the game with about 10 deaths and 15 kills) I mean all you need in cleanse and as long as your not going up against a combo you can get out of most things easily with cleanse and rift.

I can say I perfer this build to crit/atk speed build.
I'm glad you enjoyed the build....and as for veigar...yes he is definately the #1 biggest threat to this build...because of his ulti, which is extremely ANTI-CASTER (Deals a lot of damage, and 25% of your MAX mana as damage as well) sitting on a pool for 3.5k-4k mana just makes you food for a veigar that knows how much mana you have (or you can try to carefully avoid him and see if you can bait his ulti out onto a less effective teammate)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmecssRaege

Senior Member

09-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karandor View Post
with trinity and guinsoo you can play hybrid build that does incredibly well.


IMO there are 3 really good ways to play kassadin now. Pure AP (like this guide), Tanky (frozen mallet + wit's end + nether blade is extremely effective) or now hybrid with trinity and guinsoos rageblade.

Pure attack damage and attack speed is pretty bad since you have no burst damage and no survivability. Tank + attack speed is much, much better.

pure melee, definately isnt the way to go i can agree with that


i could see tanky kassadin being a huge annoyance, but i dont know about lethal? and even with frozen mallet+wits end that only really helps against a caster, unless u planned on picking up something like guardian angel as well for the armor/MR to actually be able to take some hits with that extra 800 hp :P

hybrid is more than possible with the new items for sure, but thats not my style, i love kassadin for what he is, unique...but in my heart, he will always be a badass nuker with silence, slow, and a 3 second flash :3


123456 ... 7