[Guide] Manliness and Misconceptions - A Guide to Tryn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeero

Senior Member

05-20-2010

I like this guide and you have some very valid arguments and points regarding Trynd. I will try this out over the weekend and see if I can resurrect my love for Tynd. As of right now when I see a Trynd on the opposing team I laugh and reap the benefits of a free kill in every team fight.

I'm still not convinced that Trynd is workable in higher level games. I have had too many games recently where I get Trynd fully farmed and just get shutdown every single team fight. I would really love to be able to play Trynd again as he was my main for over 100 games played but he is just fail in his current state.

I've even tried getting some survivability items to combat this like Banshee's veil for example and it doesn't really help. He is just too easy to completely shutdown. Ignite pretty much makes the bloodlust heal worthless and is a guaranteed kill on Trynd if you time it just after he pops his ult. So many teams run 2-3 ignites (or more) not to mention the smart people that get an executioners calling (even worse!) that even though I run Cleanse 100% of the time there just isn't enough cleanse to save you in most team fights.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wankeroo

Senior Member

05-20-2010

OP, you are so right about avarice blades - complete junk but, I can tell by your screenshots and your record that you have yet to really enter the crazy land of hardcore premades and solo Q'rs who know Trynd inside out.

What you have that is wrong - beserker boots are ****. Don't get them.(Tabi or Merc are sooooo much better.)

The main key to Tryndamere is using the Spirit visage. It totally improves your bloodlust skill. It's cheap. Lowers cooldowns. Gives you some MR and health regen. It improves all incomming heals from your teamates too. It's a boss item. I get basic boots& zeal & spirit visage before anything else. Then I get a crit cape - this is the best path to the god-mode state you referred to.

Trynd is so much better right now since the last 2 patches. I can actually play agressive at level 1 against good players.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bitterz

Senior Member

05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeero View Post
I've even tried getting some survivability items to combat this like Banshee's veil for example and it doesn't really help. He is just too easy to completely shutdown. Ignite pretty much makes the bloodlust heal worthless and is a guaranteed kill on Trynd if you time it just after he pops his ult. So many teams run 2-3 ignites (or more) not to mention the smart people that get an executioners calling (even worse!) that even though I run Cleanse 100% of the time there just isn't enough cleanse to save you in most team fights.
Everyone who's ever played Tryn with any seriousness has experienced the teamfight roflstomp that can occur when you pop your ultimate. Let's face it. Sometimes, we're gonna die. But look to the clouds, and find that silver lining...

If teams are blowing multiple ignites/stuns/exhausts on you in a team fight, that's less CC the rest of your team has to deal with.

I've played several games where I go spinning into a team fight expecting to die... But, more often than not, I still come out of it with at least 2 kills...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wankeroo
What you have that is wrong - beserker boots are ****. Don't get them.(Tabi or Merc are sooooo much better.)

The main key to Tryndamere is using the Spirit visage. It totally improves your bloodlust skill. It's cheap. Lowers cooldowns. Gives you some MR and health regen. It improves all incomming heals from your teamates too. It's a boss item. I get basic boots& zeal & spirit visage before anything else. Then I get a crit cape - this is the best path to the god-mode state you referred to.

Trynd is so much better right now since the last 2 patches. I can actually play agressive at level 1 against good players.
First: I agree. Tryn is in a good place right now. I'm honestly hoping that the QQ about him will stop soon. If he gets many more buffs, he'll be OP again, and the nerf bats will be quick to follow.

Second: Convincing me to pick up any survivability items before Infinity Edge is going to be a tough sell... I won't disagree with your assertion that Spirit Visage is ball'n like Lebron, but I will point out that you lose a lot of damage, and delay your ramp up time even more by picking one up as early as you say you do.

Third: Boots... I certainly won't disagree on boots. I don't always get zerker greaves. I often do.... but not every game. That said, if you (or anyone reading) is going to cut zerker greaves from the build, just be sure to pick up some attack speed somewhere else. (Zeal is a fine choice)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wankeroo

Senior Member

05-20-2010

I see what you're sayin about the Inf Blade Bitterz but, what I find is that with proper use of cleanse and heal spell you can bait people big time at the start with the spirit visage you heal right back up. I find I get more kills this way then trying to out dps people at the start. Once you hit them with a pickaxe they know to stay back and make sure they dont get pwnt but, when you make it look like you are dying then the greed causes them to take a chance on you and you can cleanse/heal your way into a kill with some big low-health crits. Tryndamere is about riding that zero health line as long as possible without dying. Cleanse and heals are big. Especially when tower diving at level 6. If you go the dps route fast it usually means you have to trade kills.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

peyo

Senior Member

05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wankeroo View Post
It totally improves your bloodlust skill.
500HP heal instead of 400 o_O badass

I've played 11 games using this set up. Won 8 of them... usually had more asists than kills, but that's what Trynd is early :P

@the ignite thrown 1 second or two after your ulti, you have to know when to heal up... I always wait for my ulti to be like 0,01s to expire when I heal up... and usualy that 200HP is enough to survive


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bitterz

Senior Member

05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wankeroo View Post
Tryndamere is about riding that zero health line as long as possible without dying.
This.

This is why I love Tryn.

QFT, my friend.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bitterz

Senior Member

05-21-2010

Bumping this because of all the terrible Tryn info that's been passed out recently.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SyeBlaze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-21-2010

This guide is awesome. My friend used it to great effect recently.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bitterz

Senior Member

05-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyo View Post
@the ignite thrown 1 second or two after your ulti, you have to know when to heal up... I always wait for my ulti to be like 0,01s to expire when I heal up... and usualy that 200HP is enough to survive
This is important. I'm touching on it again so that people might place special emphasis on one very crucial aspect of Tryn: timing.

The truth is, playing Tryn isn't that hard. He's a right click monster. But if you're going to be effective, you have to learn how to time his every move. When to initiate, when to mocking shout, when to pop your ultimate, when to bail out, and when to heal up. If you can get a feel for these little tricks, you will start nailing 20 kill games left and right, and you will spend significantly less time with your face flat on the floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyeBlace
This guide is awesome. My friend used it to great effect recently.
I'm glad you approve =) Thanks for the kind words.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teekink

Senior Member

05-21-2010

You might want to make a whole thread on the timing on tyrndamere, it makes or breaks players.

Also, I just realized that, to make full use of his ult, you should heal yourself at a point where you will have more than two seconds to live after the heal. Then, you pop his ult, and you can heal yourself again at the end, because of the full stacks it gives you.

Nice guide btw. I usually do the same thing, but I get ghostblade before I stack bloodthirsters. Using ghostblade during your ult is nice.