Pando Media Booster

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rectifier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2011

For any users wondering how many connections -and- what ports pmb uses, download this windows utility to find out: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s...rnals/bb897437

Fuzzy Lil Kitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
Thanks. I was able to repo this. I'll ask for this to be looked at.
Cheers.

iTheLone

08-25-2011

good without pando usually updated my league .... But I downloaded it again.

hohums

Software Engineer

08-25-2011
9 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Lil Kitten View Post
Started up LoL, no PMB running.

Started a custom game of LoL, 30 seconds in started lagging terribly.

Checked my processes/resources and PMB started running in the background.
So further investigation. It did go away after a few seconds into the game. I think the viewer is lagging by a few seconds. Can you please confirm if PMB stays up for longer than 30 seconds into the game?

The expected behavior is that is closes down when the game (league of legends.exe) is launched and when PVP.net is closed. We also provide options in the patcher to disable it.

LordTobiothan

08-25-2011

Wait since when does the patcher have options?

Fuzzy Lil Kitten

08-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
So further investigation. It did go away after a few seconds into the game. I think the viewer is lagging by a few seconds. Can you please confirm if PMB stays up for longer than 30 seconds into the game?

The expected behavior is that is closes down when the game (league of legends.exe) is launched and when PVP.net is closed. We also provide options in the patcher to disable it.
It stayed up for an entire match last night (before I realized what was causing my lag)

I'll check it again in a few minutes here.

Edit: With that first SS, I was about 2 minutes into the game, PMB was running during the game, and was running after I close the game (but left the client open)

Edit:Tested in another game (p2p enabled, has been since I installed the game) PMB is not running with the client up, went into a custom game 30 seconds in PMB started up and my latency skyrocketed. Exited custom game, PMB still running.

Edit one last time: As a note, whether PMB has been running before or not, it's never caused my latency to go over 100 in game before. This just started last Friday or so. Not sure what changed.

Hope this helps, need to leave for a bit.

hollywoodAnimal

08-25-2011

I can more or less confirm this.

When I was troubleshooting my network connect a month back (yay farked RAM), I noticed pando was starting basically every time I got into (and I think came out of) a game.

Lord Tolkien

08-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTobiothan View Post
Wait since when does the patcher have options?
Always been there. Look to the top right hand side of the patcher and click the cogs (then turn off Peer to Peer to disable PMB).

LordTobiothan

08-25-2011

It even comes with a repair option, think ill try that thanks

Ramza

08-25-2011

I have no idea why anyone leaves Pando installed. It's a shady piece of software known to eat bandwidth at its leisure regardless of how a company seems to have intended on implementing it. The amount of people I've heard angry at it because they live somewhere that meters bandwidth is crazy.

I uninstalled it literally seconds after LoL initially installed, over a year ago, and have had zero issues when patching since. I download most patches without it faster than my friends who left it installed. I'm not sure what the point of it is supposed to be, since download speeds without it are already 2MB/s or higher.