Help! patch at 33%

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xXDuckLordXx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinlol View Post
When it gets stuck at 33% look at the "patch remaining" it will still keep going. The bar will just looks like it's stuck at 33%.
Nope. Mine is really stuck.

Brolag

08-24-2011

Same issue here, glad to know i'm not the only one

Yet Riot failing at patch days has become a trope already

Nightscorpio

08-24-2011

Same here, I left it anyway but a warning pop saying that the update has failed

A red would be appreciated, pretty please

teleporterguy

08-24-2011

cmonnnnnn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! same problem ive been waiting literally all day for talon....this better not turn into another leona nightmare...

Frank O Shen

08-24-2011

You're not gonna get help. This happens every patch, and no one says anything. It's ridiculous.

Madammodesta

08-24-2011

For me it will download the patch completely in the EU realm, but not north america........................................... .......... Good consistency there.

Neublet

08-24-2011

Mine was stuck at 33% and said it had 8 hour remaining....Ive read 2 posts already on the forums looking to see if a red posted about this..no luck :-( clicked on the lol client to see if it froze...it was at 71%. Give it time i guess? aslong as you see something moving maybe time left, file size anything moving it should be working.

Madammodesta

08-24-2011

I don't know it this will help everyone, but I went to a different realm, downloaded the patch (you have to re-launch after changing). Then go to North america (which is where I'm having the difficulty), and it is currently DLing for me..

... At which point I look back and find that the time remaining has gone from 6:21 to random -4:-58 and -56:48 with a constant stream of things afterwards. What a useless patching system.

Grawknar

08-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pydrex View Post
Change region > Restart launcher > download new update > switch back wait for queue time
This works.

WookieeCookie

Player Support Lead -
Player Behavior

08-24-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

There is an issue where the patcher is not displaying the download status correctly. It may look like the patcher is stuck at 33%, however, the data remaining will continue to count down. In this case be sure to leave the patcher running and it should complete the process.

This week's patch is larger than usual so it may take longer to fully download.

If you encounter an error while downloading the patch can you provide the following:

What exactly does the error say?
Does it occur a second time when you try to patch the game?