@Riot: Yorick's old ultimate design sounded cooler and more fun to use...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PoDragonSlayer

08-21-2011

than his current ultimate IMO. I'm not sure why Riot opted to change it.

This was believed to be his old ultimate concept:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepington View Post
His ultimate ability wasn't yet finalized, but the preferred concept for it sounds amazing. Yorick would pound his shovel into the ground, sending a shockwave forward that wakes the dead beneath the soil. This slam causes skeletal hands to burst through the dirt; If an enemy champion gets caught in the shockwave, the skeletal hands will grab their feet, locking them in place. This skill-shot, lined nuke could be potentially devstating in a teamfight, much like Amumu's, and would make for a great gank initiation from the jungle.
Taken from Creepington's thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...33#post9783233

Correct me if I'm wrong, but his current ultimate just seems like a worse version of Zilean's ultimate. Also, as of right now, Yorick is pretty much a spam bot and it seems to me his play style gets repetitive fast, but maybe I'm wrong. I just think if he had his old ultimate design, he would have a cool, fun, skill shot which would be great for initiating and make him less of a button masher champion.

This is all my opinion, and I could be wrong, as I have to be honest, I have not played Yorick myself. I just think the old ultimate sounded so cool, that I don't understand why Riot thought the new one would be a better fit for Yorick. Anybody else agree?

Segmented

08-21-2011

Then everyone would ***** about him being an Amumu clone.

I think that is a pretty cool ult idea, but his current one is pretty fun if you have a fed AD Carry.

Hakarl

08-21-2011

I think it sounds fkn sweet! but then again his current ultimate is what makes team 10v4, a 10v4.

jrgold81

08-21-2011

That ultimate is a great idea. Maybe they should try implementing it.

PoDragonSlayer

08-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segmented View Post
Then everyone would ***** about him being an Amumu clone.
But this is a line skill shot, that's fairly different than Amumu's ultimate.

larkhill

08-21-2011

i wonder why they got rid of this idea and used his current one.

Ankem

08-21-2011

well ya see that's a pretty spiffy idea there.. but current'y mord ultis the enemy carry and yoric ulties your own... welcome to a 6v4 teamfight with at least 3 carries.
to much fun XD

PoDragonSlayer

08-21-2011

Bump.

TheDarkChampion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2011

"Instead of the good concept, let's take a random ultimate from a pre-existing character, and weaken it. He can have that instead." - Champion design team.

BloodMourne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2011

Sona's Ult?