Elementz 5v5 Tier List (Draft Mode)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

05-17-2010
2 of 50 Riot Posts

Solid list, and I agree with it based on what I've seen.

Question about changing tiers; you've mentioned Anivia not holding up to Fids and Annie (which I can totally see), but it confuses me how Anivia was considered top/high tier for many lists previous to this one. Annie and Fids have only been nerfed since then, but her ranking has fallen a bit. Is this just due to a shifting meta and players getting better, or is there something else to it?

OatmealCookie

05-17-2010

So what's the deal with Teemo? Too squishy? Oracle's make shrooms ineffective? Or just...he doesn't do anything better than say.. Ashe?

Just curious

Polaritie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2010

Well, he's squishy. Other than shrooms, his skills are lackluster. Ashe has her ult and slow. Tristana has 4 useful abilities, one of which makes it easy to max aspd on her. (90% boost! YEAH!)

(On a side note, Tristana is scary when you have all the gold in the world... Hit Q>kill everything in a five mile radius before it wears off)

Soraka.... I'm waiting for the day she moves down a tier or two. She's really annoying mid-game, when she can heal enough to bring back half her whole teams health. It just makes it hard to play, until you get to where you can bulldoze her down in 2 seconds.

Pickles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2010

I don't understand what the point is in picking Teemo over Twisted Fate. I mean, blind vs stun. Shroom wards that go away vs TF's ult that sees everyone on the map and he can teleport there. Teemo's speed ability that goes away when he is hit vs an ability that's actually useful in a fight.

AmPriS

05-17-2010

Seriously Elementz, this threat has a large lack of Mundo in it.

Strelkov

05-17-2010

Why is Malphite so low? It seems like his Ulti ---> Ground slam aspd reduction would really hurt any enemy carry, and his passive lets him harass well in the lane. I would like an explanation of why Malphite is in Tier 4.

Lyrre

05-17-2010

i've been maining udyr for a long time, and I always do well with him building him as more of a carry, rushing wits end->trinity->guinsoos, which works very well for damage, but isn't amazingly tanky (but 10-1 scores are common, he's pretty tanky without any tank items), what build do you recommend for a more team oriented udyr in 5v5?

bloodynub

05-17-2010

how in the world is gangplank and keenen umplayable? Both are extreamly deadly in the right hands

Ragefest

05-17-2010

tanky udyr is getting whatever items fits the DMG of the other team, but don't go overboard. Toss in some DPS items like shen, frozen mallet, ghostblade. etc. All depends on the team you are against.

Elementz

The Council

05-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrre View Post
i've been maining udyr for a long time, and I always do well with him building him as more of a carry, rushing wits end->trinity->guinsoos, which works very well for damage, but isn't amazingly tanky (but 10-1 scores are common, he's pretty tanky without any tank items), what build do you recommend for a more team oriented udyr in 5v5?
You can try Innervating Locket its very good and is pretty much all the "tankyness" you need when going a DPS build. The extra heals, base HP and Mana and Locket also helps your team. Go to CLGaming and watch HotshotGG play Udyr. He plays a mean Locket Udyr.