Starting with a Tear of the Goddess...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2011

You won't get "max mana" even if you are Karthus spamming the **** out of tear in fountain, although it will certainly give you a head start. This is especially so if you are someone that uses more targeted skills like Ryze, or someone who can't spam spells very often at level 3 but still uses tear a good bit like Kog'Maw.

I don't think it will be a huge imbalance.

Yaezakura

08-20-2011

Eh... considering every champion has mana regen like if they had a Chalice while on The Crystal Scar, I doubt the mana is going to make much of a difference.

Mr Threepwood

08-21-2011

The small amount of mana won't do jack, that's true, but AA still will be handy on Anivia/Kog'Maw without blue. Ughh, not looking forward to Anivia without Blue...

Yaezakura

08-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Threepwood View Post
The small amount of mana won't do jack, that's true, but AA still will be handy on Anivia/Kog'Maw without blue. Ughh, not looking forward to Anivia without Blue...
Well, like I mentioned, the map gives an aura that causes all champions to have Chalice-like mana regen. The more mana you're missing, the faster you regen.

It won't allow you to spam endlessly, but if you measure your usage at all, you should always have enough to perform a good burst.

Brackhar

Features Designer

08-21-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Right now we allow it. Its kinda a big tradeoff to start with a tear, so this seemed like a reasonable nifty feature for now. If it becomes problematic and you guys dont like it though we can easily disable it.

Dreampod

08-21-2011

My only concern is that it effectively gives different starting stats on Tear of the Goddess to champions that have a spammable ability that doesn't require a target compared to one who requires a target.

Might be worth adding a invulnerable 'target dummy' at the fountain so that champions like Ryze who rely on Tear but require targets aren't left 80 mana behind at the beginning.

Fiarion

08-21-2011

Too bad Ryze can't abuse it, since all his spells are targetted

Twixiee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-21-2011

xD target dummy, omg that sounds epic! do it anyway so we can all whail on it for the first minute ;D

KnowYourPlace

08-21-2011

blitzcrank level all 3 spells, spam it receive huge passive bonus ->build into manamune

Oberyn Nymeros

08-21-2011

i think newbies to this game will get completely dominated in domination