Why Sexual Orientation Matters to Some People

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PsyVader

08-19-2011

I'm 17, and I have almost no clue at all. Gay lesbian, Old or monkey, if you can play lol, you can play lol. But if you are a money and you are reading this. HOLY **** DAZ KEWL

Misentro

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomoPanda View Post
for all the ppl saying ZOMG gays are fine blah ****ing blah; imagine a dude sucking another dude off.

now what.
fapfapfap

WayneChaw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misentro View Post
fapfapfap
roflllllllll i lol'd

PsyVader

08-20-2011

anyone else think psyonicB is an @$$hole? I know I do.

Based Sayaka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2011

Fuq da police.

Zero THM

08-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uccisore View Post
Actually...why isn't that fine? If I only want to hang out with bisexual Chinese women, then that's what I'm going to ****ing do. My life is not a prime time sit-com. It does not have to exhibit a focus-group approved degree of diversity.
if you'd read the rest of the post you might understand a little bit better.

Prejudice is wrong. Promoting it in a public forum is wrong.

Fyrianna

08-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uccisore View Post
Any time anybody creates a thread about religion, politics, anime, or any other non LoL- related thing other than ponies, it gets downvotes and a bunch of people saying 'Nobody gives a ****, don't put that here'. Do a search. People have created "I'm a Christian, add me!" threads in here before. See the reception they get.

So why would a "OMG I'M GAY ADD ME" thread be any different? A lot of the things people insist don't have any place here aren't even offensive. Talking about ones sexual interests here should be a much more obvious case of 'does not belong' than "OMG I LIKE ANIME PLEASE ADD ME" or any of those other threads that get downvotes.

But, of course, sexual orientation is just one of those controversial political things we have to watch what we say/do with regards to, so it gets treated all special, I guess.

I'm not against gay gamer threads per se, I'm against that particular "Hey everybody pay attention to my demographic" thread getting treated better than all the other ones you **** heads have constantly downvoted.
That's pretty much what "vapidity aside," was addressing. Regardless, who says I think the other threads like it should be deleted/hated? Someone's attentionwhoring really doesn't hurt me at all, so why would I say they couldn't do it? I just posted in this thread because I have personal experience being a homosexual, and felt like piping up, what with it being a forum and all.

I really don't see how it's even a gay issue. I know a lot of christians who feel more comfortable interacting with other christians because they know they aren't going to be judged as too preachy or what have you; also, some are just so vapid that being another christian is pretty much all you need to do to please them. I also know a lot of gay folks that're just as vapid, and just the same applies, with less christ and more ***** generally. Generally. Some people do this kind of thing because they feel a void of a particular demographic in their life, some people do it because they're dumb as ****. Doesn't mean it makes sense for people unaffected to care. And being FORCED to see a topic that you know you have no interest in but clicked on anyway is really not the OP's fault at all.

For the record, I'm not actually arguing AGAINST you in that the thread in question and threads like it are vapid/have no merit/etc. And I get that they've been treated poorly in the past. I don't feel like this one should be an exception, I don't like the treatment of the others, either. They're a waste of digital space, really, but they're important to someone who isn't me and I respect that. Not them as people, perhaps, but that they can make a thread if they want to. And yes, that would include "offensive" groups. If skinheads want to find other skinheads and they aren't coming at me with a knife to do it, I really don't care, nor do I understand why others do.

ZapMyHeart

08-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rockolla View Post
homosexuality is a mental illness and this ain't the psych forums yall
Yet the APA, American Psychological Association, the psychology experts, all unanimously agreed that homosexuality is not a mental illness.

If you were to say this in a psych forum, they would probably diagnose you as crazy.

I don't even need a psychology degree to tell you that you have issues.

Fruitstrike

Software Engineer

08-20-2011
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Excellent post! I wholeheartedly agree. Being gay isn't important to me personally, but since lots of people are constantly trying to pass laws that govern my life ONLY because I'm gay, they force it to be important to me. It gets very very tiring sometimes to have to deal with a constant spew of "F@G" this and "GAY" that online spoken only in a derogatory sense. That's why I have a section of my buddy list dedicated to playing with people who I know are either gay or gay-friendly.

Also I use the report function liberally. ^_^

Jack Poe

08-20-2011

Fruitstrike. Is that like a limp wristed ***** slap or are you literally hurling plantains at your foes?