Why is it green and red, if blue and purple exist?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valkerion

08-20-2011

It keeps bothering me in the dominion play videos how the team tower score bars are Green and Red, yet the teams themselves are still Blue and Purple... Would it not be more simple to just keep the bar color and team color the same?

MrPlace

08-20-2011

Red and green are easily associated with good guy and enemy. Plus its easier to stt and tell who's who when things get heavy.

burple and blue would blend too much, especially to us folks who are partially colorblind

Tolbby

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2011

This was explained on day 1.

Easier to see who is on which side. Besides, we already play where green is ally and red is enemy using health bars. Notice the minions are still blue and purple.

Also red and green to help those who are color blind. Red and green are on completely different sides of the spectrum, blue and purple would end up blending together too much making the game harder to see and understand.

Mr Threepwood

08-20-2011

Red green color blind is the most common type of color blindness...

OmniknightJohn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-20-2011

People with red green colorblindness often have just as much trouble with blue and purple. I am personally colorblind, and it's a lot harder for me to differentiate blue and purple than red and green, most of the time.

Ventus72

08-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPlace View Post
Red and green are easily associated with good guy and enemy. Plus its easier to stt and tell who's who when things get heavy.

purple and blue would blend too much, especially to us folks who are partially colorblind
The most common type of color blindness applies to Red and green fyi.
It makes them appear as brown.

Phrixscreoth

08-20-2011

I thought I remember Phreak saying something about changing the colours to blue and purple to make it better for colourblind people on the first Dominion day... but I haven't seen anything to support that yet.

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

08-20-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Will be changed to blue and purple for release of spectator.

lceSin

08-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
Will be changed to blue and purple for release of spectator.
Will it also be blue and purple for summoner's rift?

Vortan1

08-20-2011

Blue and Purple suck in my opinion. It's like Blue is actually working for Purple secretly (since blue takes part in making purple) Green and Red are much better or any opposing colors (yellow and purple, blue and orange).