Garen vs. Talon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

testdummyfight

08-19-2011

This needs to happen in lore. One conveys an image of a stoic and proud warrior who has a notch in his victories when he destroyed Urgot. The other, a mysterious dark assassin hellbent on the destruction of those who crossed his path.

If these two were to fight, who do you think would win in lore?

Hegoken

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by testdummyfight View Post
This needs to happen in lore. One conveys an image of a stoic and proud warrior who has a notch in his victories when he destroyed Urgot. The other, a mysterious dark assassin hellbent on the destruction of those who crossed his path.

If these two were to fight, who do you think would win in lore?
Don't forget Garen and his vanguard also killed Sion, the first of the Demacian forces to ever survive an encounter with that menace.

So he killed the unstoppable Sion.
He killed the never-dying Urgot.
He's the first (maybe only) to fight Katarina one on one and live.

Talon on the other hand was recruited by Du Couteau himself. There is a chance his skills were further honed while under the service of THE GREATEST general in all of Valoran.
He has Katarina's praise.
Slayed countless assailants to the point Du Couteau had to stop him.
Has Swain on edge to the point where he has to keep a close eye on Talon.

It would certainly be an interesting battle. My vote is on Garen personally.

Zwingley

08-19-2011

I'd have to go with Garen. I'd say he's better equipped to handle a fighter like Talon than Talon is to handle a fighter like Garen, what with all Garen's practice against Katarina.

larkhill

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegoken View Post
Talon on the other hand was recruited by Du Couteau himself. There is a chance his skills were further honed while under the service of THE GREATEST general in all of Valoran.

no chance. talon only served under du couteau because he was superior to him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by talon's lore
Talon accepted on the condition that his service was to Du Couteau alone, for the only type of orders he could respect were from one he could not defeat.
had he learned from the general, he wouldnt serve him at all. he's not like xin where he served out of respect. he's not like vayne where her actions are fueled by a troubled childhood. talon is simply a bad dude... he's very simple. he kileld anyone who came after him and when he met his match, he served under him.

with that being said, there is a clear-cut answer to this question. of all the people who could judge garen and talon's skills and make a comparison, its kat. she's faced garen and she of course knows how good talon is and she says that the 3 best swordsman are bound to the du couteau house. that means talon is in the top 3, and garen, also being a swordsman, is not.

garen loses to talon.

Zwingley

08-19-2011

I think people can agree that Katarina wouldn't name Garen one of the best blademasters in Valoran. She's ultimately Noxian, and I think a little pride and vanity factors into her declaration of who the best three are.

Also, blademaster =/= warrior.

Sarkan of Arkham

08-20-2011

For that matter, Blade =/= Sword, if you want to be picky about it. Garen uses a sword. Blade implies shorter, typically single edged weapons.

Cidem1324

Web Content Assistant

08-21-2011

Katarina specifically said "deadliest blademasters". While Garen is obviously a skilled swordsmen, his talents aren't completely focused on an efficient killer. He's a warrior, not an assassin.

In regards to Garen vs. Talon, all I know is the winner will get the "chance" to hook up with Katarina. Since, you know, the rival would be dead. =)