Capture and hold mechs?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Synthetic Duckie

08-19-2011

Hey there!

I apologize if this has been answered before, but, what i've noticed in the stream is for example blue team having 3 bases and purple having 2. Blue team having 3 bases does not lose any "nexus life" while purple will.

Shouldn't all "nexus life" be constantly draining on a % of how many bases owned?

Synthetic Duckie

08-19-2011

Anybody?

Tristan Trades

08-19-2011

No, the nexus only gets drained if you have less Capture points. It doesn't matter if it's 3/2 or 5/0, the amount of drain will stay the same.

JesterCapp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Technical Artist

08-19-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Trades View Post
No, the nexus only gets drained if you have less Capture points. It doesn't matter if it's 3/2 or 5/0, the amount of drain will stay the same.
This is almost correct. While it's true that you don't lose nexus health if you have equal or more points than your opponent, the speed at which you make progress is faster at 5/0 than at 3/2.

Synthetic Duckie

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterCapp View Post
This is almost correct. While it's true that you don't lose nexus health if you have equal or more points than your opponent, the speed at which you make progress is faster at 5/0 than at 3/2.
Thanks for clearing that up you two!

Tristan Trades

08-19-2011

Quote:
It is? :O Can you give the rate per second/5sec/minute, maybe? *insert cute puppy eyes here*

JesterCapp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Technical Artist

08-19-2011
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Trades View Post
It is? :O Can you give the rate per second/5sec/minute, maybe? *insert cute puppy eyes here*
I'm not supposta give specific numbers and stuff! (In case we make any last-minute balance changes) Sorry. :c

Tristan Trades

08-19-2011

Baaaawh... D: to bad, guess I have to wait a while then ^_^

Sabnitron

08-19-2011

Quote:
Mardok.

D3Reap3R

Emissary of the League

08-19-2011

At gamescom, we had a drain of max. 3 at 5/0 that was roughly each second. This does not directly take the additional nexus draining of getting killed/killing someone into account. You lose 1 point/sec at 3/2, 2 points at 4/1 and 3 at 5/0, obviously. This is roughly correct, I assume.