Why do I get the feeling this won't be coming as soon as we think?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bomb in lasagna

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biffels View Post
Oh I really hope not, I can't handle that. I'd end up picking D3 beta simply because Diablo has a longer history with me.

More on topic...I gave up guessing when stuff will be released, there's really no point since you'll end up disappointed 90% of the time because you're making a guess based off next to no information on how far they are to a public release =/
The thing is when they first announced Dominion, Rioters were saying shortly after Pax. Now apparently their response is "no comment." It just doesn't look promising.

TunaSalad

08-19-2011

I was at Gamescom today, and a Riot staff member said... wait for it... months! He said definitely before the end of the year, but still a while away. The game was available for play and there was no apparent problems. There was tons of close games which showed somewhat balance and people were having fun. I was shocked when I heard months.

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

08-19-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomb in lasagna View Post
The thing is when they first announced Dominion, Rioters were saying shortly after Pax. Now apparently their response is "no comment." It just doesn't look promising.
All Rioters are not created equal in their permission to speak about release dates.

"Shortly after PAX", was said by the president of the company. "No comment" was said by a designer who is not authorized to speak to the press about release dates.

Bomb in lasagna

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
All Rioters are not created equal in their permission to speak about release dates.

"Shortly after PAX", was said by the president of the company. "No comment" was said by a designer who is not authorized to speak to the press about release dates.
I sense a Riot civil war coming!

But seriously, I definitely understand that not all employees have the same permission to say certain things. It just worried me because the Rioter being interviewed seemed to know something he wasn't allowed to say. I just honestly can't wait to play Dominion so when I hear stuff like that I get worried.

Bomb in lasagna

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaSalad View Post
I was at Gamescom today, and a Riot staff member said... wait for it... months! He said definitely before the end of the year, but still a while away. The game was available for play and there was no apparent problems. There was tons of close games which showed somewhat balance and people were having fun. I was shocked when I heard months.
Now I'm sad again. Unless you are trolling. Nothing against you but I'm just going to assume you are trolling.

QbiinZ

08-19-2011

right? i hate all the hype, then the release isnt for months and months, so when it finally comes around im either not as exited as i was, or a little annoyed that it took so long

TunaSalad

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomb in lasagna View Post
Now I'm sad again. Unless you are trolling. Nothing against you but I'm just going to assume you are trolling.
Wish I was. This day has been full of dissapointments, like the news above and the non working free Riot Nasus skin code I received. I'm thinking it's an EU server only thing. But yeah, no trolling here.

F0rd

08-19-2011

and "immediately after pax, just a couple days" was said by ZenonTheStoic on the livestream just earlier, who I am SURE wasn't supposed to. But he's too happy to get mad at apparently, because they keep putting his butt up there for all to see.

Bomb in lasagna

08-19-2011

UPDATE: This is apparently Riots view on what "shortly after" means

Here is a quote from the newest champion pricing announcement.
"Beginning back in April we slashed the IP costs of Malphite, Morgana, and Ryze, with Cho'gath, Taric and Annie following shortly thereafter in August."

Riot Time:
Shortly after = 4-5 months

Oh dear

Cheese

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by F0rd View Post
and "immediately after pax, just a couple days" was said by ZenonTheStoic on the livestream just earlier, who I am SURE wasn't supposed to. But he's too happy to get mad at apparently, because they keep putting his butt up there for all to see.
Someone made an oopsie.