Champion Pricing Reduction Plan

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moneypenny

Marketing Manager

08-19-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Summoners!

We have heard your concerns about champion IP prices, and know that many of you are looking for more affordable options to round out your champion lineups. Fair enough! In an effort to satisfy these concerns, we're going to be rolling out a series of brand new initiatives aimed at bringing you some more bang for your proverbial buck.

For starters, as you've already seen in the past few weeks, we've begun to reduce the prices on many of our older, more classic champions. Beginning back in April we slashed the IP costs of Malphite, Morgana, and Ryze, with Cho'gath, Taric and Annie following shortly thereafter in August. You can expect to see more of the same for many more of these old favorites going forward. This is all part of an ongoing plan aimed at ensuring that we have a strong, well-rounded compliment of affordable champions available for any play style.

Additionally, if you're looking to get your hands on some of our more contemporary additions to the League, we're also going to be offering a series of new bundle deals. We'll be trying out a number of different options in the future, offering everything from champion variety packs to bundles themed around specific roles.

Stay tuned for more updates on these and future deals!

King Ron Jeremy

08-19-2011

first?

Claricorp

08-19-2011

Riot has all the sudden started listening, first riot singed now this, started bringing my respect back.

ThunderZero

08-19-2011

So we can still expect most new champions to be 6300? :/

Still, I appreciate that you're hearing our concerns, and look forward to seeing what the future holds.

CSG Pepu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-19-2011

D:

Siky

08-19-2011

I'm fine with this. 6300 ip every 2 weeks is easy.

CrazyMaple

08-19-2011

I have most of the champions. I want cheaper skins.

Shearchaos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2011

Yay!!!!

Slogra

08-19-2011

It's great to see Riot considering different options. I hope something works out.

Dysected

08-19-2011

Thanks a lot Moneypenny. Glad to know our voices are being heard, regarding IP/RP prices.